Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mp3 Players

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jono

jono

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 15 July 2006 - 04:13 AM

I have recently upgraded Itunes software and the music files appear to be in new MPEG4 format. AM now having difficulty in transferring music from library onto MP3 player. Am assuming the two are related, if so can anyone help?
thanks
:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 graveangel

graveangel

• Members
  • 399 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2006 - 12:31 PM

Good afternoon Jono and welcome to Bleeping Computer!

What MP3 Player are you using?

I dont use Itunes personally, but i am aware it plays and records in AAC format,which most MP3 players will not play. AAC is what Apple use as there main music file recording quality for the Ipod. There are some other players out there that will work playing music in the AAc or MP4 format,but not many. The majority of MP3 players will play music either recorded in MP3 or WMA (Windows Media Audio) format.

The music you have stored on Itunes will be recorded onto your PC in AAC format. In order to transferre music to your MP3 player you need to go into the settings and change the software over to MP3, have a look. It might even involve having to import all of your music back to your PC again in the new format.

If you cant find the appropriate setting,try visiting the Itunes web site and go to the help section, there is probably a link in the player software itself. Likewise, you could hang on here and wait for someone who uses Itunes to give you more advice on this and what they have done.

While you are waiting, if you transfer those files or recopy them from CD into Windows Media Player,then you should be able to transfer them to your MP3 player from there with ease.

I hope you get it all sorted!

Regards,
Graveangel

:thumbsup:

Edited by graveangel, 15 July 2006 - 12:32 PM.

....And on the 8th day God said, "When my children are intelligent, and create the Computer, for my sake may they never screw around with the registry or subscribe to AOL"Posted Image

#3 jono

jono
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2006 - 04:55 AM

thanks Graveangel - will give it a go :thumbsup:

#4 ambellina

ambellina

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 17 July 2006 - 05:45 AM

in itunes, go to edit --> preferances --> advanced --> importing and change "Import Using" to mp3 or wav. next, highlight the songs that you want to convert and go to the Advanced tab, and then Convert Selection or Mp3 (or wav.) remember to change it back if you want to convert songs to AAC and let them automatically be converted when you import cds.

i hope this helps :thumbsup: its the method that i use.

#5 jono

jono
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2006 - 11:04 AM

thanks Ambellina.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users