Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nvidia Quadro FX 1700 driver issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ship_kicker

ship_kicker

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:44 PM

hey,
Recently I bought some parts from the local classifieds. A foxconn destroyer AM2+ mobo, a cpu for said board, a 250gb hdd, and 4gb of ddr2 (i upgraded to 8 total) all for $60. I had the rest (case, psu, extra hdd, DVD-RW). But I installed my old workstation PCIe gfx card that I pulled from a working old dell precision circa 2008. It worked great in the dell and let me update its drivers too. Which is what i am having an issue with right now. I downloaded the Nvidia drivers+installer twice to rule out a bad installer but neither work. They run for a while and then fail when installing. The monitor used to flicker on and off (for the new driver) and then it would revert back to the included MS driver. I was using the provided MS driver but tried playing L4D2 and it crashed after loading the map. I searched it and it was most likely the gfx card. Also when I launched it through steam it told me I should update the driver before continuing. I've tried updating the driver manually (device manager) and with the installer. Both used to install then revert to the old driver but now in device manager it says installing for a bit then gives an error (the drivers for this device are not installed code 28). I am at somewhat of a loss now. I could try my other old gfx card, its about the same as they both are 512mb cards but the other is more for gaming. The thing is I dont want to download too much because I have a crap 3G hotspot which is Verizon so its automatically even worse. And we live in the sticks so Id have to lug my desktop to the "local" library and download stuff their. Thanks for reading, -A

Edited by hamluis, 28 August 2015 - 12:36 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ship_kicker

ship_kicker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2015 - 10:33 AM

Any ideas?  I downloaded another newer version of the driver than the one on my flash drive. I hope it works. 

#3 ship_kicker

ship_kicker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2015 - 09:20 PM

It didn't work. I tried the gfx card in xp and it worked fine, also just reinstalled my OS (win7) today and still has that problem. I'll try my windows 8.1 dvd too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users