Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GTA V and Rocket League FPS drop after Windows 10 upgrade

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 reno411

reno411

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:11 PM

Hello. I've been having a problem with gaming ever since I installed Windows 10, but it only effects 2 games(so far): Grand 

Theft Auto V and Rocket league. Other games such as Wolfenstien: The New Order and Borderlands 2 run just fine.

I will open the game and it will run at 60 fps for abot 3-5 minutes before dropping slowly to around 20 frames for Rocket 

League and 17 for GTA V. Before I got Windows 10 my PC was able to run GTA V on max settings for extended periods of time 

without any issues.

Here are my specs:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
12 Gb RAM
Windows 10 64-bit
Intel Core i7 4770S @ 3.10 GHz (clocked to 3.50 GHz)

Everything seems to be running normally. Temperatures, Memory, CPU are all at normal levels and my PC is free of dust. I've done a fresh install so I have a Tb of disk space. I've swept my system with anti-malware

and anti-virus software and I have tried CacheBoost and Compatability mode.

I really don't want to downgrade as I am enjoying Windows 10.

It seems as if nobody else has this problem, so please, any help would be greatly appreciated

Edited by reno411, 27 August 2015 - 03:13 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:11 AM

Have you updated to the latest video card drivers, the ones that support Windows 10?

How does it run on Windows 7 or 8.1? If it does not repeat the same issue on an identical Windows 7/8 machine, then it is probably a bug with those games or the video driver on Windows 10. Wait for fix some time in the future.

#3 Highjinks

Highjinks

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:30 AM

I'm pretty sure it's the W10 drivers. I had the same issues with 2 different Graphics cards after upgrading to windows 10. I reverted back to windows 8 and everything is running perfectly fine again on both graphics cards (GTX 770 and GTX 980 TI). 

My issue is a little different though, straight out of launch the games are laggy, or even crashing. After returning to windows 8 it's all good. May have been something to do with the W10 install or just drivers. Probably going to try the W10 upgrade one more time to see if it was just a bad install.  

#4 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:32 PM

I doubt it is a "bad install". It is more likely that it is a bug involving Windows 10 specifically. Give it time, and nVidia/ATI or whoever shall fix it. If it really bugs the OP (see what I did there?) then the OP can report the bug to Nvidia.

Edited by Gorbulan, 28 August 2015 - 12:33 PM.

#5 pistol22cal

pistol22cal

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:56 PM

I noticed on alot of steam games i had to run repair tools and verify files. After doing that my games ran just as they did before with no issues.

I Love Lamp!

#6 reno411

reno411
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:33 PM

UPDATE: Ok, so I uninstalled all my drivers (with DriverSweeper) and reinstalled just the newest Windows 10 drivers. My performance is definitely better but it still not reaching the frame rate I had before the Windows upgrade.

I am still waiting on new drivers to come out that are more compatible with Windows 10.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users