Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"the picture password is incorrect. please try again"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish

• Members
  • 395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:30 PM

My picture password on my Windows 8.1 tablet is all messed up! No matter how many times I draw my exact three lines as they are as I set them up, I always get a "the picture password is incorrect. please try again" and I know I am drawing the three lines accurate, they are based on a fairy's shrinking abilities. I googled the picture password is incorrect. please try again but didn't get any related hits, searched again with quotes and got "no results for" the picture password is incorrect. please try again" searching without quotes. How can I get past this or fix the image to where it accepts my three lines that I made and are drawn correctly for a password.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,987 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 15 September 2015 - 10:55 AM

If the picture password once worked but now does not, suggest you reset it using the directions in the link below. That site gives about every

instruction/ detail needed about using a picture password. Even more links to related tutorials at the bottom of the page.

Picture Password - Create, Change, or Remove in Windows 8

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 13 October 2015 - 04:13 PM

that only tells you how to create one, or remove it once logged in, but if you cannot log in... It tells you how to change it as well, but nothing about it not working 90% of the time. even if I go and change it, it asks to put the current one in which despite already being logged in, keeps saying it is incorrect. if I try to remove it, the tablet is usless if our frequently down internet is down

Edited by Sylveon Fetish, 13 October 2015 - 04:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users