Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Updates

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 olivargermz

olivargermz

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:26 PM

Hi, got a question. Every time I shutdown my computer, as in every time. There are always updates that takes time to shutdown, and as I have noticed it always displays "Installing update 9/9... etc" every time. I'm on automatic update setup, I have been experiencing this for almost 2 months already. Every time... is this normal? Thanks for the replies in advance.

*I'm new here & this is my first post. My apology in advance if I violated some rules that I don't know of. :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 VecchioScarpone

VecchioScarpone

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:48 PM

olivargermz  welcomeani.gif

Since the advent of Windows 10 I noticed similar behavior anytime a new W 7 update is released. Don't have an answer about the specific one you refer though,  the 9/9.

Hung in on there, I'm sure some member will get back to you ,tumbleweed.gif  just joking.

VS

#3 olivargermz

olivargermz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:52 PM

Hi, thanks for your response. I'm kinda annoyed by this update. I'm not really a geek so I really need some recommendations. but thanks! :D

Edited by hamluis, 27 August 2015 - 05:35 PM.

#4 VecchioScarpone

VecchioScarpone

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 27 August 2015 - 02:36 PM

olivar

Just a thought. :idea:

You may wish to change your W 7 Update setting from automatic to download but not install. Then go through the offered updates and install only the one you really need.

VS

#5 olivargermz

olivargermz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2015 - 10:22 PM

thanks! Haha very helpful. 

Edited by hamluis, 28 August 2015 - 09:33 AM.

#6 RVAH-12

RVAH-12

• Banned
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 27 August 2015 - 11:59 PM

Hi, got a question. Every time I shutdown my computer, as in every time. There are always updates that takes time to shutdown, and as I have noticed it always displays "Installing update 9/9... etc" every time. I'm on automatic update setup, I have been experiencing this for almost 2 months already. Every time... is this normal? Thanks for the replies in advance.

*I'm new here & this is my first post. My apology in advance if I violated some rules that I don't know of. :)

Dude, you've been had ... you've been bitten by the Win 10 'prepper' bug.  Turn Automatic Updates OFF (let them notify you) then scrutinize each update by selecting "More Information" for every update in the update window.  Then believe less than half of what they say (if you can understand their vague jargon). Then look for discussion on the KB# in reputable Forums, then believe less than half of what they say.  But from the sound of it, MS has already loaded what some (like me) refer to as spyware ... 'looking up you skirt' to see  your 'goodies'.  A LOT of Win 7 users have Win 10 related crap (may I call it "crap"?) on their machines from the Windows 10 'push'.  They want to know what drivers you use, what programs you us, and what/how you use them on/for. You are going to have to remove a lot of stuff.  It won't be easy (if not impossible) to do, and a LOT of things may go wrong if you try.  There a lots of threads/discussions here about how to do just that.  You will have to take the time to find the best way for you.  Then keep looking for the truth ... it's out there.  Some Pro-Win 7 Guru should point you in the right (if not many) directions.  Mulder?

Edited by RVAH-12, 28 August 2015 - 12:17 AM.

#7 olivargermz

olivargermz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2015 - 03:55 AM

thanks! I find every comment helpful and very informative. :D

Edited by hamluis, 28 August 2015 - 09:35 AM.

#8 RVAH-12

RVAH-12

• Banned
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:32 AM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587377/windows-7-updates-related-to-windows-10-upgrade/

Towards the end of this thread is some info.  In the Widows 10 forum there are a lot of threads from people that have gotten snagged in the same web.  Your answers are here, it's just that the forum is so damned big it's hard to find.  I know that there is a BC moderator/helper that has a list of things to do.

- RVAH-12

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users