Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

i am looking for an internet radio player (freeware)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 August 2015 - 10:07 AM

good afternoon to all,

i am looking for a good internet radio for my windows xp, something like the tunein for android

i think that my windows media player v. 9 cannot offer a lot... not even my country (cyprus) is supported ! for local radios

any advice

not to forget to ask if i can record some of the radio programs i like

thanks in adabce

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2015 - 10:19 AM

It depends what you're looking for. Tunein has online radio but I have never used it. I use AccuRadio because I can mix their stations into a custom station.

As far as I know, AccuRadio is available worldwide and it's free. Be sure to register so you can save your changes. Many online radio services like Pandora have geographical restrictions or are paid services. I have never used WMP or any other media player for radio. It's unnecessary.

http://tunein.com/

http://www.accuradio.com/

#3 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:40 AM

hi dear frankp316 and i thank you for your kind reply

interesting links !

although the problem with those services is that you have to register and login every time you want to listen to a radio channel

thanks

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:48 PM

Sure if you want it to work properly. On AccuRadio, you have to register so any changes you make to your station will work. If you don't care about that, you don't have to register and it will just revert to default settings. I think you'll find most online radio stations work the same way. They need to have as many registered members as possible so they can sell advertising. 

#5 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:45 AM

good morning dear frankp316 and many thanks for the informations

i will check

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users