Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not Applicable for System

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Houdini5150

Houdini5150

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 27 August 2015 - 09:55 AM

Working on a friends computer.  He is trying to install visual studio on it and he upgraded his PC from vista to 7 to 8.1    Prior to installing Visual Studio, he needs a certain update update 2919355 Then it said that he needed Update 2919442.  When downloaded it states that it was not applicable to his system.  After reading through for that last update, it seems like it was replaced by another update.

I think I should of let go of his issues he was having and just made the attempt myself to install his program in the first place.  perhaps even install that first update if needed first and then try to install. 

I thought his Install was having issues since I could not do anything so I wiped it out and going to do a fresh install of 7 on it and then possibly upgrade to windows 8.1 

So what was the problem?  I attempted to install an old update that not supported anymore? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2015 - 11:26 AM

Windows 8 is not designed to run on a Vista machine.  You should run the Windows 8 upgrade assistant to see if this machine will be compatible with Windows 8.

I suspect that you are going to find that you will need to have SP2 for Vista installed before upgrading to Windows 7, and SP1 for Windows 7 before upgrading to Windows 8.  This is only true if your current computer is compatible with Windows 7 and Windows 8.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Houdini5150

Houdini5150
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:47 PM

I'm going to do a fresh install of windows 7. Run those updates and then upgrade to 10.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users