Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Complete System Freeze whilst using USB 3.0 devices

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ctrl-Alt-Defeat

Ctrl-Alt-Defeat

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 27 August 2015 - 07:07 AM

Has anyone else ever experience this, and did you find away around it?

My system will freeze completely (forcing me to do a hard reset) at random occasions whenever I have an USB 3.0 device plugged into my machine. (Fractal Design Define R4 / Intel Core i5 2500K / Asus P8Z68-V LE / 8GB Corsair PC3-12800 1600MHz DDR3 / GTX 570 / 120GB Samsung 840 SSD / Seagate 1TBGB HD / Asus Xonar DX PCI -E).

It may happen after less than a minute, at other times it's fine for a couple of hours before freezing. It also doesn't appear to be connected to data transfer - it'll crash when devices are just plugged in minding their own business.

Initially I though this may be due to the Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver, but it happens when I'm using Linux too.

My BIOS is totally up to date. I've tested my memory extensively with no errors.

I'm not a novice user, but I'm hardly an expert either. But this thing has me scratching my head so much I have a bald patch on my head that birds are attempting to use as a nest. I like birds, but not when they're on my head.

Big Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 27 August 2015 - 04:34 PM

Hi Ctrl+Alt+Defeat ^_^,

Could you please upload the ZIP file as per the below linked instructions?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

Even though you are not experiencing any kind of BSODs, that ZIP file provides us with tons of information and would help us in cornering the problem.

-Pranav

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users