Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8 Will Not Boot

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LIOTB

LIOTB

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:36 AM

Hello Everyone,

Thank you a head of time for your generosity and skills.

What:

It lookes as if I have a missing UEFI "boot" sectore. All I get is a black screen after the manufacturer boot screen. (please refer to image)

What I have tried:

1. Bootrec fix, etc attempts

2. diskpart

3. chkdsk

4. Windows 8 rescue disk and auto fix

5. Third part rescue live disk to do a chkdsk (please refer to image)

Results:

None of these worked. At one point the bootrec worked fine in all the steps and then it didn't. And the same thing with diskpart. I see that there is one partition with errors. (please refer to image.)

What do I do to fix the EFI?

Thank you very much for your time and efforts!

liotb

Attached File  third party live rescue disk.JPG   106.06KB   0 downloadsAttached File  black screen of death.JPG   95.25KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 27 August 2015 - 11:48 AM

The System Reserved partition holds the Boot Manager code and the Boot Configuration Database.  It also reserves space for the startup files required by the BitLockerDrive Encryptionion feature.  You may have damaged or deleted the System Reserved partition.

What is the make and model of this computer?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 LIOTB

LIOTB
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 27 August 2015 - 12:16 PM

The System Reserved partition holds the Boot Manager code and the Boot Configuration Database.  It also reserves space for the startup files required by the BitLockerDrive Encryptionion feature.  You may have damaged or deleted the System Reserved partition.

What is the make and model of this computer?

Hello dc3,

thank you for that insight. I had a suspicion that was the case from my research as to it's purpose. 

The make and model is HP DV6-7245. 

What do you think I can do next?

Thanks again,

Edited by LIOTB, 27 August 2015 - 12:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users