Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is WinStore.Mobile.exe?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Pat(rick)

Pat(rick)

• Members
  • 467 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 27 August 2015 - 02:03 AM

What is WinStore.Mobile.exe? How to disable it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 reckonankit

reckonankit

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:04 AM

Hi Pat(rick)

You can read from here about Winstore.Mobile .exe it might be helpful for you

www.freefixer.com/library/file/WinStore.Mobile.exe-196601

Thanks

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2015 - 05:27 AM

Me and Technonymous talked a bit about it here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585440/an-app-that-centralizes-all-of-windows-10-privacy-settings/page-5#entry3801044 - The conversation starts on the next page

You could always disable it via Autoruns I guess since it's most likely being launched on startup. I can try it tonight and tell you what entry it is.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#4 mokseng

mokseng

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 29 August 2015 - 04:28 AM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585440/an-app-that-centralizes-all-of-windows-10-privacy-settings/page-5#entry3801044 - The conversation starts on the next page

You could always disable it via Autoruns I guess since it's most likely being launched on startup. I can try it tonight and tell you what entry it is.

I realized that my nvidia gpu was running this file. I went to task manager to end that process, and my laptop runs faster. Lol. What is this "Autoruns" you are talking about?

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,017 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2015 - 08:43 AM

I realized that my nvidia gpu was running this file. I went to task manager to end that process, and my laptop runs faster. Lol. What is this "Autoruns" you are talking about?

Very interesting that your nvidia GPU would be using that process which open ports and sends data back to Microsoft if that was indeed the case.

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2015 - 09:17 AM

Very interesting that your nvidia GPU would be using that process which open ports and sends data back to Microsoft if that was indeed the case.

This. Why do you say that your NVIDIA GPU was using that process?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#7 mokseng

mokseng

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2015 - 11:45 AM

This. Why do you say that your NVIDIA GPU was using that process?

I have an nvidia gpu activity icon on my taskbar, and it shows that process is running. Lol. No idea why. I just know when it's running, my laptop gets slightly laggy. How would you recommend me to disable that process from starting when i boot up? Quite a noob here. :)

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2015 - 11:47 AM

Are you talking about this?
zjoCjW7.png
Because this isn't the WinStore.Mobile.exe process at all.

unite_blue.png

#9 mokseng

mokseng

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2015 - 11:57 AM

Screenshot%202.png

There.

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:43 PM

This is weird. I wonder why that process would be using any GPU at all. Maybe a glitch with NVIDIA drivers and Windows 10? We know that they aren't completely stable yet.

unite_blue.png

#11 mokseng

mokseng

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2015 - 11:29 PM

This is weird. I wonder why that process would be using any GPU at all. Maybe a glitch with NVIDIA drivers and Windows 10? We know that they aren't completely stable yet.

Yeah it could well be. Anyway, glitch aside, is it necessary that we do anything about that process or it's okay to just leave it alone?

#12 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 30 August 2015 - 06:05 AM

Basically you don't want to mess with SearchUI.exe (Cortana) or Winstore.Mobile.exe (Windows Store) and their directories permissions. It starts to break things very quickly. Even taking onwership breaks things and it's hard to reverse even with a backup. That's kind of scary actually seeing Winstore.Mobile.exe hooking itself to another program like that.

#13 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2015 - 09:57 AM

I would leave that process alone. If you use a local account, I'm sure that this process wouldn't get launched.

unite_blue.png

#14 mokseng

mokseng

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2015 - 10:45 AM

Lol alright then. Kinda wish i can remove the entire windows store because i don't even use it. Haha.  :lol:

#15 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2015 - 10:51 AM

There's a way to disable it in Windows 8, it might work under Windows 10 as well.

http://www.howtogeek.com/111933/how-to-disable-the-windows-store-in-windows-8/

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users