Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fun & Useful Tricks with bat files!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 CodeSmasha

CodeSmasha

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:56 PM

Hehehe! Hello people and I have some useful and funny tricks with bat files. If you want to impress your friends and/or family in I.T then this is the place for you! oh and not to forget the funny trolls that tick everyone off when they click on it! But let's get to it.

Making Bat Files to create folders:
This is very easy to do all you have to do is type this:
md folders
md music
md tv
md pictures

This is a lazy method of creating folders, but once you've done with the code you'll need to "Save As" and rename it as "Foldercreator.bat" this will create a bat file on the desktop. Once you've exited Notepad click on the bat file and voila you have all the files created that you've just named, plus if you want to rename the file you right click the bat file and click "Edit" then you are done just remember to save it again after you have renamed the file name of the folder you want to create.

Basic Matrix Effect:
@echo off 
:start 
echo %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% 
goto start

And that's all! Put your own trolling scripts in this section if you want to prank some people!

Edit: Moved topic from General Chat to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:35 PM

If you want to impress your friends and/or family in I.T then this is the place for you!

I don't want to be rude but these kind of tricks wouldn't impress me (I'm an IT tech) and neither would it impress any IT working with me :P If we see someone using that kind of trick and we know that they aren't in IT or else, we'll all suspect that they grabbed it online to show off or else.

Also, there's nothing really impressive nor useful in these tricks if you ask me. Why would you create these folders on your Desktop, when they already exists? The Matrix "trick" thought is just plain skiddy to be honest.

Edited by Aura, 26 August 2015 - 08:36 PM.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,953 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:45 PM

Remember Aura...?......"Bleeping Computer is a community devoted to providing free original content, consisting of computer help and tutorials, in such a way that the beginning computer user can understand..

........ plus a little harmless fun thrown in for good measure.......

The post above was obviously not intended to "impress any IT working with me" or any other "it" for that matter......

You will note it is in General Chat.

Take it or leave it.....but leave the snarkiness somewhere else

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#4 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,254 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 09:00 PM

LOL I used to pull these pranks all the time on my friends.

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 26 August 2015 - 09:37 PM

Be advised cool funny tricks are one thing, malicious mischief is entirely another matter.

Any script designed to appear to damage a machine or actually and intentionally damage a machine will result in consequences.

The motto is do no actual harm. And make sure you tell your 'victim' how to return to a working a machine.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 CodeSmasha

CodeSmasha
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2015 - 12:10 AM

Aura the creating the folder bat file that I made you can change the name just to basically every name you want like if I use md "youraresodumb" then it will create the folder "youaresodumb" when you click on the bat file, however this topic was just to have a bit of fun sorry for putting that um you know that part " If you want to impress your friends and/or family in I.T then this is the place for you! kind of thing" and that basic matrix thing was only to start people learning about code and all that.

#7 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,953 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2015 - 02:06 AM

:hysterical: ...... " If you want to impress your friends and/or family in I.T then this is the place for you!......I thought you were going to say...."but wait!!!....there's more !!....for your listening and dancing pleasure we have this superbbbb set of steak knives !!!""

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#8 CodeSmasha

CodeSmasha
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2015 - 02:09 AM

you make me laugh!

#9 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,254 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2015 - 04:37 AM

I understand sometimes this stuff is funny as long as its harmless. Take control of your PC learn about it beyond just an operating system have fun with it ,  It was interest in  stuff like this that led me into VB6 then VB.Net coding and finally into Linux'

I have Hollywood terminal to impress my friends.

Video from my pc.

I sometimes use that as a screen saver  and everybody looks and wonders what my pc is up to.

Make you PC talk. This usually keeps kids amused for hours.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-Your-Computer-Talk-1/?ALLSTEPS

Edited by NickAu, 27 August 2015 - 04:49 AM.

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

#10 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,953 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2015 - 05:02 AM

hey, that is cool fun (talking pc)....i have some plans for my kids and grandkids !

Edit :  

Edited by Condobloke, 27 August 2015 - 05:06 AM.

#11 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,254 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2015 - 05:10 AM

Deleted.

Edited by NickAu, 27 August 2015 - 05:27 AM.

Arch Linux .

#12 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,953 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2015 - 05:18 AM

My daughter is about to disown me !...................... :hysterical:

#13 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,254 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2015 - 05:54 AM

Msgbox "Just kidding, this was all a joke, but I did scare you didn't I ? Héhé...",64,"Daddy loves you"

Remember to edit the Nick loves you to Daddy loves you.

Arch Linux .

#14 CodeSmasha

CodeSmasha
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2015 - 06:06 AM

hehehehahaha!!! witches cackle!

#15 DagonCrows

DagonCrows

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:59 AM

Reminds me of the time I put an automatic shutdown .bat on my friends computer. Thankfully, he wasn't too mad. Just a bit annoyed.  :lmao:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users