Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GPU Issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Interior Crocogator

Interior Crocogator

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:40 PM

Hello!

First thing's first - System Specs: Toshiba Qosmio x775-Q7380, Windows 7 Home Premium x64, Intel Core i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz, nVidia GeForce GTX 560m driver.

Story time (I'll try to keep this brief): Over the past ~year or so, I have had multiple issues with my computer receiving BSODs (see my post history: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&mid=806043). I thought a lot of my issues may have been due to my hardware not working well with Windows 8/8.1, so I factory reset my computer to Windows 7. After multiple issues with the reset, and seeking advice in the Windows 7 forum here, I was finally able to get my computer working correctly (for the most part). However, I could not run Heroes of the Storm, as another BSOD would appear whenever I opened it. I sought help on the Battle.Net forums (post is here: http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/forum/topic/18300626193), to which they suggested I upgrade my nVidia drivers. Every attempt at upgrading the past ~10 versions of nVidia drivers (from both the GeForce and Toshiba Support websites) resulted in BSODs. As I couldn't get any nVidia drivers to install, I just succumbed to uninstalling the nVidia driver completely using DDU. Under Display Drivers, I have Intel® HD Graphics 3000 and Standard VGA Graphics Adapter (which cannot start - Code 10). With these, I am at least able to play League of Legends, though not very smoothly as I often experience 5+ seconds of the game freezing.

Sorry for the wall of text. My questions - Have I burned out (or damaged) my GPU? Or is there some way that I can test what the issue is?

My patience to frustration ratio has dwindled greatly while dealing with this, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by hamluis, 28 August 2015 - 11:27 AM.
My mistake - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Interior Crocogator

Interior Crocogator
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:18 PM

I'm not sure if my post just got lost in the haystack, if I just need to keep waiting, or if I did something wrong when I posted? I looked through the posting instructions on this forum and I don't see anything that I didn't include in my original post.

Could someone please advise?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users