Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Envy TouchSmart 15 won't turn on

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mikl0018

mikl0018

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:17 PM

I own an HP Envy TouchSmart 15 Notebook PC product number: E0K05UA#ABA and Model: 15-j053cl

I had a couple plastic screw inserts that hold the right side hinge to the top cover of the laptop break due to very high strength of the hinges which caused the top cover of the laptop to pry apart from the base enclosure when opened (a problem many owners of this laptop model have had). Since I was out of warranty I ordered a replacement on Ebay using the correct part number 720570-001 and disassembled my laptop to make the repairs and loosen the hinges while I was at it. I swapped out all parts being careful to note where and how plugs and ribbons were connected so I could put it back together correctly. Now after having it reassembled it will not turn on.

I get a white LED light to turn on when I plug in the power cord AC adapter (should be amber/orange in color to signify it is charging the battery) but no other sounds lights or signs of life. I have attempted to remove the battery and power cord, pressed the power button for 8-30 seconds to drain power and do a reset and then try to power up with plugging in the power cord but it won’t turn on. I also tried to power up by removing one part at a time including the hard drive, two RAM sticks, and wireless card but still not able to turn on. Do you have any ideas for what may be wrong or steps I can take to troubleshoot? Is this possible a mother board issue? Everything was working fine before embarking on this repair.

Link to maintenance and service guide: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03733656

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 27 August 2015 - 04:35 AM

I'd suggest posting over in the Internal Hardware forums for some more expert advice.

It's located here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/7/internal-hardware/

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 mikl0018

mikl0018
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 27 August 2015 - 06:40 AM

I did post over on that thread, thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users