Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

screen lights up but remains blank

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zrlo

zrlo

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:30 PM

I have decrescent obtained an Acer aspire 5253 from a friend for free. Given to me as a project basically. If I fix it I keep it, if I don't I keep it. My friend had no use for it anymore. Anyway, the LED lights and fan are all responsive when I power it up, but the screen shows nothing more than a back lit screen. It's not completely black, there's a light source coming from the back, this much I know. But yeah pretty simple problem to explain. I've taken out the ram, switched them around, put them in one by one and nothing. I've also used an external monitor and nothing. It does the same thing as with the regular screen. Stays blank but remains lit up. Is this a GPU problem? Will I have to reflow it? Are there any easy DIY at home solutions? Money is tight and I can't rally afford to take this to a shop if it's going to be insanely overpriced to fix. Any input or insight on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zrlo

zrlo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:15 PM

Update: usually, when stating up, I see the screen that says Acer then it goes to a blank screen. I have a windows 7 disc that i inserted and used as the boot up option. I got to the windows logo screen and it looked like it was installing but then it said something about corrupted files and that no changes would be saved. I'm guessing it's because the disc is kinda messed up. I then shut down and tried the same thing with an xp installation disc and this time it got a bsod. So good news is I'm guessing the screen is fine?? Help please I'm in desperate need of a computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users