Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What does "Unknown encryption algorithm used to encrypt file" mean?Elcomsoft EFS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mark7968

Mark7968

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:11 PM

Yesterday I started a topic asking for
'How to recover/decrypt my encrypted files, or recover my private key?. Same computer, same user, but lost everything after I deleted the account and recreated it' 
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587989/how-to-recoverdecrypt-my-encrypted-files-or-recover-my-private-key-same-comp/

I couldn't have significant help, except few hints from 1 person, thanks him.

Despite, I managed to use the software 'Elcomsoft Advanced EFS Data Recovery, Professional edition'.

After spending time, adding certificates, pass, anything, and by having the software scanning for keys, it found many, and it showed me that now files are "Encryptable", good god.

I selected few files, and pressed decrypt.

And I was hit by this screen, saying that decryption failed for this stated reason! imgpsh_fullsize.jpg

I wish this time someone has any sort of support or has any information of that sort of error, or have any other person or place or forum that he/she could refer me to.
Or even could help me with the first post that I didn't receive help for, in that link

Regards

Edited by Mark7968, 26 August 2015 - 02:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:18 AM

Since you now have responses to your topic posted in the Encryption forum...and there is no indication that there is a generl security issue (IMO), this topic is now closed to avoid confusion.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users