Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video - Weird Behavoiour

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Matt_Lee

Matt_Lee

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 14 July 2006 - 11:00 PM

Hello,

I'm having a strange time with my computer, I can watch videos on www.youtube.com or the google videos or www.ign.com videos etc... If I go to play it in media player or winamp or something like that I won't be able to do so! my computer suddenly turns seriously slow and I either have to restart due to lack of patience or wait and try to shut down the application or internet page that's streaming to media player through task manager and then wait for my computer to calm down!

Messengers - If I attempt to go on webcam or send a voice clip or actually go onto a voice conversation on any messenger such as skype or msn the same thing happens as with my videos... Although I can watch webcams ??? If I go into a webcam chat room I can go on cam or if I go onto www.ivideochat.com I can do so...

Not to long ago my computer went a bit funny I think my graphics card might have cooked its self I had a 256nvidia card and now I've gone down to 128mb, I couldn't play games and such when I had the other card in when it went funny because it would make dots appear etc and crash my computer...

I'm not sure if it's a driver problem, is there anywhere on the internet I could scan to see which drivers I needed?

Regards

Matt Lee

Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 15 July 2006 - 12:08 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 15 July 2006 - 02:23 AM

Go to the card manufacturers website, and look for driver updates for your card.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users