Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 DPI scaling fix

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 brainout

brainout

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 26 August 2015 - 11:52 AM

Just found this article (paste the blue text in a browser, BC can't show it rightly, windows10_dpi_blurry_fix.xpexplorer.com/ ) on how to fix DPI fuzziness problems on widescreen monitors, when reading PC World's latest article on Windows 10 headaches, comment by Darren Fajcz. 

I have the problem described, and it's very annoying how all the dialog boxes in Win10, look like bad photos of previous dialog boxes in Win7 and 8.

I couldn't find a prior BC article on the topic, though I did search.  So if this issue is already in some other topic, I apologize!

I've not tried to use it yet, because I'm not sure I want to run Win10 anymore.  Meanwhile, someone else might benefit.  Since the solution is in two parts, the second of which involves some software download, I don't know how members will feel about that.  On the other hand, maybe it's a good idea, at least the first part, which is a Win10 settings change.

Hope this helps.

Edited by brainout, 26 August 2015 - 04:12 PM.

(Away, Notifications Off) AUDIT PREMISES, my guidon.  -- brainout or brainouty on vimeo or Youtube, domain brainout.net

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 26 August 2015 - 12:09 PM

Your "this article" URL returns to BleepingComputer.com just so you know!

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 brainout

brainout
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:10 PM

Thanks, Aura.  It's a phpBB bug.  It works fine in the editor but disappears after posting.  So I took out the fronting protocol.

Funny thing is, there was a young lad of about 16 or 17 in PC World forum who kept on complaining about the same thing in Win8.  Brightest kid I've ever encountered online, very mature for his age, also lives in Canada.  His PC World name is LiveBrianD.  Wish I could hire him, but he's destined for greater things.  I can't find his posts on the topic, now, as PC World forums are down.  Wow, lots of valuable players in there, input all gone.

You remind me of him.  Canada is lucky.

Edited by brainout, 26 August 2015 - 04:24 PM.

(Away, Notifications Off) AUDIT PREMISES, my guidon.  -- brainout or brainouty on vimeo or Youtube, domain brainout.net

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:11 PM

I don't use the "enriched" text editor or whatever it's called, it's a real pain :P I prefer typing my MyBB code manually.

And yeah there's a few kids/teens online that are quite smart. I know a few that are way above my level and it's always surprising to encounter one.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users