Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Creat desktop shortcut to URL in IE

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jim-Ed

Jim-Ed

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:00 AM

Only have a few days of W-10 and loving it.

BUT...Sure would appreciate advice on how to create a shortcut on desktop to a URL that I might be viewing In Ie....I can do the shortcut to folders, apps, and such, but not web addresses....Thanks for any and all help...Jim

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:06 AM

I don't use edge but on any previous version of IE left click the URL icon of the site in the address bar and drag to the desktop.

#3 Jim-Ed

Jim-Ed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:11 AM

That`s the way I always did it. Does not work now....Gotta be a way. I personally use Firefox, but am trying to help an old Pard accomplish this....Thanks...Jim

#4 Jim-Ed

Jim-Ed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:37 AM

Not particular to my liking,,,but this is all I can find. Thought I would share....Thanks...Jim

A quicker option than using Firefox would be from Edge click the More Options button (4 dots on the right of the toolbar) and select Open in Internet Explorer, once the site is opened in IE, then you can right click and select Create Shortcut on Desktop. Certainly far from perfect, but also certainly easier than copying the URL and pasting it into Firefox to create the desktop shortcut....

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,265 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:39 AM

I think this feature was dropped in Windows Edge. Somebody here with Edge can confirm this. From what I have read Edge Favorites managment has a lot to be desired. No Sort Names or the ability to put favorties folders within folders. That may change in a future release.

See comments here.

Edited by JohnC_21, 26 August 2015 - 08:41 AM.

#6 Jim-Ed

Jim-Ed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:43 AM

Me also on the Edge lacking...I am a Firefox fan and a sometimes Chrome fan....Thanks for your interest in helping me....Jim

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,265 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:47 AM

Yeah, Firefox fan here too. No ability to use extensions or add-ons in Edge would be a deal breaker for me. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users