Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop not charging! is it dead?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hipjamz

hipjamz

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:31 AM

The story:

I left my house taking my laptop and forgetting the charger so i went to buy a universal charger on the way to work. i plugged in the charger at work and at the time my laptop battery was dead. so i plugged the charger in and it came up with the fully charged light on my laptop and it wasn't charging. so i left it plugged on over lunch and came back to see the laptop charging light was completely off. I unplugged the charger and went home to plug the charger that came with the laptop in. i plugged in the laptop and no light and the laptop would not charge. i have a horrible feeling i fried the motherboard but do you guys have any fixes that could get it working.

PC Information:

Processor: AMD A8 4555m @ 1.6GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3

HDD: 1TB

----------------------------------------------------

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,034 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 27 August 2015 - 08:38 PM

If the battery was depleated to far it's possible that it's damaged. The battery has a protection circuit preventing damage to the cells by overcharging or over discharging. Will the laptop turn on with out the battery and only the power adapter?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 hipjamz

hipjamz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 28 August 2015 - 03:50 AM

If the battery was depleated to far it's possible that it's damaged. The battery has a protection circuit preventing damage to the cells by overcharging or over discharging. Will the laptop turn on with out the battery and only the power adapter?

No the laptop won't turn at all. I have tried turning it on with just the adapter and no battery in and still nothing. I have also tried holding the power button for 30 seconds to drain any power and still nothing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users