Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to repair backup of .mdf file database?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lightholy242

lightholy242

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:56 AM

One of our clients gets the following error when trying to backup a database:
quote:
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: SQL Server detected a logical consistency-based I/O error: incorrect checksum (expected: 0x121db60d; actual: 0x521db60d). It occurred during a read of page (1:1632) in database ID 4 at offset 0x00000000cc0000 in file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA\MSDBData.mdf'. Additional messages in the SQL Server error log or system event log may provide more detail. This is a severe error condition that threatens database integrity and must be corrected immediately. Complete a full database consistency check (DBCC CHECKDB). This error can be caused by many factors; for more information, see SQL Server Books Online. Could not insert a backup or restore history/detail record in the msdb database. This may indicate a problem with the msdb database. The backup/restore operation was still successful.
I tried to perform checkdb, checkdb repair_rebuild as well as checkdb REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS but none of these corrected the issues is the MSDB database.
My question is: can I just grab a clean MSDB database from another instance to recover corrupt one or do I really have to uninstall/reinstall SQL Server?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 lizanolse3

lizanolse3

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:52 PM

Data changes are guaranteed to be written to the transaction log, but the data pages may still be held in cache. If every transaction had to write affected pages to disk on commit, the disk throughput and cache turnover would be so high that the database would be very slow indeed. The fact that the transaction changes are recorded in the transaction log means that a transaction can always be rolled back if necessary, even if the server crashes. This is why the transaction log is always scanned for transaction to be rolled back / rolled forward on server startup before a database is brought online. You may try read thes, it is a professional data recovery software. Here is page: www.techrepublic.com/forums/questions/how-to-fix-mdf-file/

#3 rodickwillision21

rodickwillision21

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:54 AM

Repair corrupt or damaged MDF files using an effective tool SQL database recovery tool. With the help of this tool quickly resolve all types corruption issues. The tool also recovers all tables, stored procedure, functions, views, rules, triggers and associated Primary Key, Unique keys, data types & all other components. It supports all versions of MS SQL server and all updated Windows OS versions. Visit here - http://download.cnet.com/Kernel-SQL-Database-Recovery/3000-2094_4-10742273.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users