Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issue with UK/US versions of websites/cookies?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 sarah_lu

sarah_lu

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:59 AM

Hello,

I am baffled by an issue I have been having with my laptop, I've tried everything I can think of but I don'y know what else to try.

I am a member of a market research website where I complete paid surveys online.  The site has a UK and a US version, I am UK based so can only log in to that version.  I stopped using the site some years ago and have recently started again and my current laptop seems to have so many issues with it.  Whenever I try to access a survey, the site automatically tries to redirect me to the login page of the US version of the site.

I contacted the help desk of the site who are not helpful and won't say anything other than advising me to clear my browsing history and cookies, which I have done repeatedly.  When I first experienced the issue, I did a scan with Super Antispyware, which removed some tracking cookies and temporarily solved the problem, but it returns after a short time and is now at the stage where performing an antispyware scan has no effect.  I have no idea what else I can try.

I am using a Sony Vaio running Windows 7.  I am currently using Google Chrome Version 44.0.2403.157 m.  I have also tried both Firefox and Internet Explorer, but the same issue sill persists.

I would be very grateful for any suggestions anyone may have,

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:10 AM

Third Party cookies which are ad and tracking cookies can be blocked from installing on your browsers. Otherwise those cookies will get installed

when you visit almost all popular sites and most other sites.

How To Disable Third-Party Cookies In All Major Browsers

Once you have blocked the third party cookies from installing, you will need to remove the ones presently installed in your browsers.

You can do that using CCleaner.

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the

Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars....especially Google.

After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Check for and remove adware using these programs:

Download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.

• Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Scan button.
  • When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
  • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
  • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
  • download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message

Use Windows Repair (All In One) Download to perform the below repairs.

• Reset Registry Permissions
  • Reset File Permissions
  • Register System Files
  • Repair WMI
  • Repair Windows Firewall
  • Repair Internet Explorer
  • Repair MDAC & MS Jet
  • Repair Hosts File
  • Remove Policies Set By Infections
  • Repair Icons
  • Repair Winsock & DNS Cache
  • Remove Temp Files
  • Repair Proxy Settings

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 sarah_lu

sarah_lu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:44 AM

Thank you so much for your reply.  I have carried out the above steps.  There was no option to select " Repair Winsock & DNS Cache" in the windows repair tool, so I did everything else but that.  

There are no surveys on the website at the moment so I am unable to test whether the problem has been resolved, but should hopefully be able to do so later today.

Here are the logs:

Adwcleaner:

# AdwCleaner v5.003 - Logfile created 26/08/2015 at 11:33:31
# Updated 20/08/2015 by Xplode
# Database : 2015-08-25.1 [Server]
# Operating system : Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (x64)
# Username : Sony - SONY-VAIO
# Running from : C:\Users\Sony\Downloads\AdwCleaner.exe
# Option : Cleaning

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Folders ] *****

[-] Folder Deleted : C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG SafeGuard toolbar
[-] Folder Deleted : C:\ProgramData\AVG Security Toolbar
[-] Folder Deleted : C:\ProgramData\Partner
[-] Folder Deleted : C:\ProgramData\Avg_Update_1214tb

***** [ Files ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Scheduled tasks ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

[-] Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{DE9028D0-5FFA-4E69-94E3-89EE8741F468}
[-] Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{E7DF6BFF-55A5-4EB7-A673-4ED3E9456D39}
[-] Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{03E2A1F3-4402-4121-8B35-733216D61217}
[-] Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{9E3B11F6-4179-4603-A71B-A55F4BCB0BEC}
[-] Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{03E2A1F3-4402-4121-8B35-733216D61217}
[-] Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{9E3B11F6-4179-4603-A71B-A55F4BCB0BEC}
[-] Key Deleted : [x64] HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{31090377-0740-419E-BEFC-A56E50500D5B}
[-] Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{31090377-0740-419E-BEFC-A56E50500D5B}
[-] Key Deleted : HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\AVG SafeGuard toolbar
[-] Key Deleted : HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Avg Secure Update
[-] Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Avg Secure Update
[-] Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\DeviceVM
[!] Key Not Deleted : [x64] HKCU\Software\Avg Secure Update
[-] Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\DeviceVM

***** [ Web browsers ] *****

:: Proxy settings cleared
:: Winsock settings cleared

Junkware removal tool:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Malwarebytes
Version: 7.5.7 (08.18.2015:1)
Ran by Sony on 26/08/2015 at 11:41:18.37

~~~ Services

~~~ Tasks

~~~ Registry Values

Successfully deleted: [Registry Value] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser\\{E120ACB6-21BA-45ED-9E79-32079107C103}

~~~ Registry Keys

~~~ Files

Successfully deleted: [File] C:\Windows\SysWOW64\RENFAB8.tmp

~~~ Folders

~~~ Chrome

[C:\Users\Sony\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences] - default search provider reset

[C:\Users\Sony\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences] - Extensions Deleted:

[C:\Users\Sony\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Secure Preferences] - default search provider reset

[C:\Users\Sony\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Secure Preferences] - Extensions Deleted:

Scan was completed on 26/08/2015 at 11:45:32.56
End of JRT log

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,134 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:32 AM

Google Chrome gives you the option to reset your browser settings in one easy click. In some cases, programs that you install can change your Chrome settings without your knowledge. You may see additional extensions and toolbars or a different search engine. Resetting your browser settings will reset the unwanted changes caused by installing other programs. However, your saved bookmarks and passwords will not be cleared or changed.

Reset your Chrome browser settings
  1. In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu
  2. Select Settings.
  3. At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
  4. Under the section "Reset settings,” click Reset settings.
  5. In the dialog that appears, click Reset.

Flush the DNS cache manually.

Click All Programs
Click Accessories
RIGHT-click on Command Prompt
Select Run As Administrator In the command window

type the following and then hit enter: ipconfig /flushdns (note the space between ipconfig and /flushdns)

You had some adware. It would be a good idea to run one more scan for adware and possibly the malware that dropped adware onto your computer.

• Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
  • Click the esetonlinebtn.png button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
  • Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu.png icon on your desktop.
  • Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, click List Threats
  • Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Click the Back button.
  • Click the Finish button.
  • NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 sarah_lu

sarah_lu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:48 PM

I have performed the above steps, here is the report:

C:\Users\Sony\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\updates\3.4.1_30888.exe a variant of Win32/AdkDLLWrapper.A potentially unwanted application cleaned by deleting - quarantined

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,134 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:07 PM

Okay....does the survey site install any software.....browser extension, toolbar, etc.? If it does, make sure none of that is presently installed. Delete

all bookmarks related to that site. Tomorrow,  when you visit the site, you can reset a bookmark if you like.

#7 sarah_lu

sarah_lu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:17 PM

It doesn't install anything to my knowledge.  There are no surveys available so I have not been able to test if the error has been resolved.  Since performing the above steps though I am now having trouble with another site I use I dont know whether this is a coincidence or if it could be to do with blocking third party cookies, but whenever I try to access it I am getting the error:

Server Error in '/Portal' Application. [LockObject.EnterRead]: Primary thread didn't provide valid result, the Data property must be explicitly set in order to provide the result to other threads, please review the code.

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,134 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:31 PM

What I have experienced on websites that require 3rd party cookies to be enabled is they will simply say that....Third Party cookies are required. Sometimes they will say...you must allow ads.

My solution when I see those errors is to find another site that has the same info I'm looking for that doesn't require ad cookies or looking at their ads. I recall another user wanting to block ads

on a game site that required their viewing but the user simply had to make a choice....either watch the ads or find a new game.

I really don't know why you get that. You can easily test to see if it is because you have blocked the 3rd party cookies....just unblock them and test.

If you want to, post the link to the website and I will test to see what it tells me.

#9 sarah_lu

sarah_lu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:05 PM

I have finally received a survey through and both websites now seem to be working OK.  This has happened before and it has sometimes reverted back to having the issue, but for the time being it seems to be OK , so thank you very much for your help it is very much appreciated

#10 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,134 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2015 - 03:11 PM

Okeedokee....happy surfin'

#11 sarah_lu

sarah_lu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2015 - 02:56 PM

After everything being OK for all this time the issue has returned tonight out of the blue, the same two websites as before.

#12 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,134 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2015 - 07:28 AM

6 weeks of bliss....

Run scans using AdwCleaner and Junkware Removal Tool. Allow them to clean/ quarantine what they find. If they find anything, please

post the log(s).

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the

Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars....especially Google.

After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Post the three lists mentioned below using CCleaner.

Open CCleaner and click on Tools. Choose Startups. On that page you will see a list of Windows Startups and at the top tabs for each browser and Scheduled Tasks.

At the bottom right of that page you will see a button when clicked will allow you to Copy and Paste the list of Windows Startups and Scheduled Tasks into your next

post. Please do that.

Open CCleaner and click on Tools. Choose Uninstall. On that page you will see a list of programs installed on your computer and at the bottom right of that page you

will see a button when clicked will allow you to Copy and Paste that list in your next post. Please do that.

#13 sarah_lu

sarah_lu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2015 - 03:03 PM

Thank you very much for helping me again!  I think I've done everything right...

Log from AdwCleaner:

# AdwCleaner v5.014 - Logfile created 18/10/2015 at 20:41:50

# Updated 18/10/2015 by Xplode
# Database : 2015-10-18.5 [Server]
# Operating system : Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (x64)
# Username : Sony - SONY-VAIO
# Running from : C:\Users\Sony\Downloads\adwcleaner_5.014.exe
# Option : Cleaning

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Folders ] *****

***** [ Files ] *****

***** [ DLLs ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Scheduled tasks ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

[-] Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{B2BC04DF-EFBD-409A-95CA-36874E5AB92A}
[-] Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{B2BC04DF-EFBD-409A-95CA-36874E5AB92A}
[-] Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{B2BC04DF-EFBD-409A-95CA-36874E5AB92A}
[-] Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{B2BC04DF-EFBD-409A-95CA-36874E5AB92A}
[-] Key Deleted : HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Avg Secure Update
[-] Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Avg Secure Update
[!] Key Not Deleted : [x64] HKCU\Software\Avg Secure Update

***** [ Web browsers ] *****

:: Winsock settings cleared

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C2].txt - [1313 bytes] ##########

Log from Junkware Removal Tool:

Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Malwarebytes
Version: 7.6.4 (09.28.2015:1)
Ran by Sony on 18/10/2015 at 20:45:38.77

~~~ Services

~~~ Tasks

~~~ Registry Values

~~~ Registry Keys

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer

~~~ Files

~~~ Folders

Successfully deleted: [Folder] C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ai_recyclebin

~~~ Chrome

[C:\Users\Sony\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences] - default search provider reset

[C:\Users\Sony\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences] - Extensions Deleted:

[C:\Users\Sony\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Secure Preferences] - default search provider reset

[C:\Users\Sony\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Secure Preferences] - Extensions Deleted:

Scan was completed on 18/10/2015 at 20:50:56.83
End of JRT log

List of windows startups:

Yes HKCU:Run CCleaner Monitoring Piriform Ltd "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe" /MONITOR
Yes HKCU:Run SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
No HKLM:Run Adobe ARM Adobe Systems Incorporated "c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
No HKLM:Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher "c:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
Yes HKLM:Run Apoint Alps Electric Co., Ltd. %ProgramFiles%\Apoint\Apoint.exe
Yes HKLM:Run AVG_UI AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. "C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG2015\avgui.exe" /TRAYONLY
No HKLM:Run BCSSync Microsoft Corporation "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\BCSSync.exe" /DelayServices
Yes HKLM:Run HotKeysCmds Intel Corporation C:\Windows\system32\hkcmd.exe
Yes HKLM:Run IAStorIcon Intel Corporation C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel® Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorIcon.exe
Yes HKLM:Run IgfxTray Intel Corporation C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe
No HKLM:Run iTunesHelper Apple Inc. "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
No HKLM:Run mcui_exe "C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe" /runkey
Yes HKLM:Run Persistence Intel Corporation C:\Windows\system32\igfxpers.exe
Yes HKLM:Run RtHDVBg Realtek Semiconductor C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVBg64.exe /FORPCEE3 
Yes HKLM:Run RtHDVCpl Realtek Semiconductor C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe -s
No Startup Common Bluetooth.lnk Broadcom Corporation. C:\PROGRA~1\WIDCOMM\BLUETO~1\BTTray.exe 

List of scheduled tasks:

Yes Task Adobe Acrobat Update Task Adobe Systems Incorporated C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe
Yes Task Adobe Flash Player Updater Adobe Systems Incorporated C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe
Yes Task CCleanerSkipUAC Piriform Ltd "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" $(Arg0)
Yes Task GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore Google Inc. C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe /c
Yes Task GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA Google Inc. C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe /ua /installsource scheduler
Yes Task Java Platform SE Auto Updater Oracle Corporation C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
Yes Task {617290E0-E487-47ED-BF25-D50B6D3831AC} Microsoft Corporation C:\Windows\system32\pcalua.exe -a E:\setup.exe -d E:\
Yes Task {B6E0AFEF-A101-4714-A22E-399916419563} Microsoft Corporation C:\Windows\system32\pcalua.exe -a C:\Users\Sony\AppData\Local\Temp\jre-8u60-windows-au.exe -d C:\Windows\SysWOW64 -c /installmethod=jau FAMILYUPGRADE=1

List of programmes:

Adobe AIR Adobe Systems Inc. 05/04/2014 1.5.3.9130
Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin Adobe Systems Incorporated 05/04/2014 10.0.45.2
Adobe Flash Player 19 ActiveX Adobe Systems Incorporated 16/10/2015 3.43 MB 19.0.0.226
Adobe Reader XI (11.0.13) Adobe Systems Incorporated 16/10/2015 186 MB 11.0.13
Alps Pointing-device for VAIO ALPS ELECTRIC CO., LTD. 05/04/2014
Apple Application Support (32-bit) Apple Inc. 08/07/2015 96.0 MB 3.2
Apple Application Support (64-bit) Apple Inc. 08/07/2015 109 MB 3.2
Apple Mobile Device Support Apple Inc. 08/07/2015 27.9 MB 8.2.1.3
Apple Software Update Apple Inc. 14/06/2014 2.38 MB 2.1.3.127
ArcSoft Magic-i Visual Effects 2 ArcSoft 05/04/2014 38.0 MB 2.0.1.115
ArcSoft WebCam Companion 3 ArcSoft 05/04/2014 3.0.21.368
AVG 2015 AVG Technologies 13/08/2015 2015.0.6172
Bonjour Apple Inc. 14/06/2014 2.04 MB 3.0.0.10
CCleaner Piriform 18/10/2015 5.10
Google Chrome Google Inc. 02/05/2015 46.0.2490.71
Intel® Control Center Intel Corporation 05/04/2014 1.2.1.1007
Intel® Management Engine Components Intel Corporation 05/04/2014 6.0.0.1179
Intel® Processor Graphics Intel Corporation 11/04/2014 8.15.10.2827
Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Intel Corporation 05/04/2014 9.6.0.1014
iTunes Apple Inc. 14/07/2015 238 MB 12.2.1.16
Java 8 Update 51 Oracle Corporation 17/07/2015 9.36 MB 8.0.510
Java 8 Update 51 (64-bit) Oracle Corporation 17/07/2015 10.3 MB 8.0.510
Java 8 Update 60 Oracle Corporation 31/08/2015 20.6 MB 8.0.600.27
Leapforce Extension Native Host Leapforce 09/05/2015 24.0 KB 1.1.6
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 Microsoft Corporation 28/04/2015 38.8 MB 4.5.51209
Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 Microsoft Corporation 13/04/2014 14.0.7015.1000
Microsoft Silverlight Microsoft Corporation 12/08/2015 199 MB 5.1.40728.0
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition [ENU] Microsoft Corporation 11/04/2014 1.69 MB 3.1.0000
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x64 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 Microsoft Corporation 13/02/2015 13.8 MB 10.0.40219
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 Microsoft Corporation 13/02/2015 11.1 MB 10.0.40219
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (x64) Microsoft Corporation 13/02/2015 10.0.50903
Mobizen RSUPPORT 17/08/2015 72.2 MB 2.16.0.2
Mozilla Firefox 40.0.3 (x86 en-GB) Mozilla 31/08/2015 84.1 MB 40.0.3
Mozilla Maintenance Service Mozilla 31/08/2015 233 KB 40.0.3
MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser Microsoft Corporation 05/04/2014 1.47 MB 4.30.2100.0
MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser (KB2758694) Microsoft Corporation 11/04/2014 1.54 MB 4.30.2117.0
Quick Web Access Sony Corporation 31/05/2015 350 MB 1.4.7.0
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Realtek Semiconductor Corp. 05/04/2014 6.0.1.6098
Screen Recorder Launcher 30/09/2015 1.7
Skype™ 7.6 Skype Technologies S.A. 09/08/2015 73.1 MB 7.6.105
SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware.com 22/06/2015 51.8 MB 6.0.1194
USB Debugging Driver UserTesting, Inc. 30/06/2015 10.8 MB 1.0.2
UserTesting.com Recorder Plugin UserTesting.com 15/06/2015
VAIO Care Sony Corporation 20/07/2015 139 MB 8.1.0.10120
VAIO Smart Network Sony Corporation 05/04/2014 3.3.0.06080
VAIO Update Sony Corporation 31/05/2015 7.0.1.02280
Visual Studio 2012 x64 Redistributables AVG Technologies 12/04/2014 12.9 MB 14.0.0.1
Visual Studio 2012 x86 Redistributables AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. 12/04/2014 10.5 MB 14.0.0.1
VLC media player VideoLAN 26/05/2015 2.2.1
WhatUsersDo-Screen-Recorder version 1.0 WhatUsersDo Ltd 17/08/2015 212 MB 1.0
WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software Broadcom Corporation 05/04/2014 183 MB 6.3.0.5600
Windows Driver Package - UserTesting, Inc (WinUSB) AndroidUsbDeviceClass  (08/27/2012 7.0.0000.00005) UserTesting, Inc 30/06/2015 08/27/2012 7.0.0000.00005
Windows Live Essentials Microsoft Corporation 11/04/2014 15.4.3502.0922
Windows Live Sync Microsoft Corporation 05/04/2014 2.78 MB 14.0.8117.416
WinRAR 5.10 beta 4 (64-bit) win.rar GmbH 24/05/2014 5.10.4
YouEye Recorder YouEye, Inc. 26/08/2015 1.2.2.0
µTorrent BitTorrent Inc. 11/07/2015 3.4.4.40911

#14 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,134 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2015 - 04:49 PM

AdwCleaner removed AVG's adware which is actually the ASK browser/ search hijacker.

Disable these Windows Startups: Use CCleaner by clicking on each item to highlight and then choosing to Disable or Remove or Uninstall.

Yes HKCU:Run CCleaner Monitoring Piriform Ltd "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe" /MONITOR

Yes HKLM:Run IgfxTray Intel Corporation C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe

Disable ALL Scheduled Tasks

Uninstall These programs:

Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin Adobe Systems Incorporated 05/04/2014 10.0.45.2 (Use Uninstall Flash Player | Windows )

Java 8 Update 51 Oracle Corporation 17/07/2015 9.36 MB 8.0.510
Java 8 Update 51 (64-bit) Oracle Corporation 17/07/2015 10.3 MB 8.0.510
µTorrent BitTorrent Inc. 11/07/2015 3.4.4.40911 (Dangerous to use to download free stuff...most will contain adware and/ or malware)

Are you aware that this is on your computer....WhatUsersDo-Screen-Recorder version 1.0 WhatUsersDo Ltd 17/08/2015 212 MB 1.0

And this....WhatUsersDo-Screen-Recorder version 1.0 WhatUsersDo Ltd 17/08/2015 212 MB 1.0

#15 sarah_lu

sarah_lu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:41 AM

Yes, I know what that is and it is completely safe.  It only records when I give it permission to.

I've done everything else you said.  Anything else I need to do or shall I try and see if the problem has been resolved?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users