Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Beware of Bad Web hosting from Uk2.com / Westhost.com plea for help please

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Keithr21

Keithr21

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:07 PM

I have had my Web hosting nightmare with Uk2.com / Westhost.com so serious that I have had 56 websites hacked and 1 destroyed
Due to such a serious car crash which I should never have survived as a thank you to the surgeon and staff doing pioneering surgery I setup a new development to help and earn monies for Asbestos cancer it escalated due to testing avenues to help charities worldwide. Due to the extent of all my injuries leaving me in chronic pain due to surgery could kill me due to it also causing a stroke and 3 brain stem TIA,s
I can never work again this has cost me personally thousands of £,s so far and has also earned prior to
The crashes over £3000 for asbestos charity, helped Alzheimer and Dementia suffers Royal British Legion

With the desperate need from help either financially or experts in we and marketing development
Along with an option to become webdesignservice4u.com or to annually advertise your services
Due to the mess Uk2/ Westhost

in July 2014 my sites where completely trashed luckily I had copies of all sites the developer kindly reloaded them and added more
This was the second hack to which due too bad technical service by westhost.com
They stated they would put backup on my Business Hosting package which is an extra service chargeable a £4 per month and promised "that a hack like this would never happen again "

Feb 2015 the same set of hackers destroyed all 56 sites I immediately called technical support and asked them to do a restore from the back up I have with them one week later they replied finally after more requests
" what do you want me to do "? I could not believe there tech guys who are all to my amazement based in the USA. via westhoast.com No technical service based in the UK Now 4 weeks later still no restore had been done, this was absolutely corporate negligence at its worst, they then wrote back stating I did not have Back up service with them . I replied to them I have 4.5 weeks I received an email back from
Them " sorry we made a mistake you had it installed in September" but then to disgustingly added
you have left it to late to report We have lost all your web sites.

I complained and was repeatedly let down by there tech support manager to call me eventually I wrote on uk2 face book page to amazingly the Managing Director call me to sort it . He got the tech manager on the line to who stated the sites just needed a page adding back in I was finally offered to send all the websites
And they would repair them

I spoke to my web developer who created a link file to down load each one and instructions to repair
The technical manager was told he could not do what he wanted to he had to restore

Now the living hell the next morning I get barrage of threats off the technical manager for brining the MD into this case those where libellous lies I had not

Then when he found out he would have to completely restore he was not doing it he had thrown his rattle out of the pram I said then your going to have to pay compensation for all this mess as I am 4 months of the domain renewal wasted .
Costing me near £400 and one website that kept changing destroyed totally quote to rebuild £900 and
It is now 6 months the entire development wrecked sat idle loosing money

He offered 3 web site renewal worth £20 sitelock $19 one years hosting £54 I turned it down it was not just
An insult I stated I had just started my second year hosting until they stop constantly overcharging and show there capable of hosting

I was then told due to I was a threat to other uk2 users and uk2 also that due to criminal ban
Until such authorities allow totally libellous T,&C,s
And you will have to remove your sites before renewal or loose the domain they are not allowing
me to renew my domains

As I have an unlimited business hosting package they are breaching term of the contract worse to come

They said we will move all your domains free of charge to go daddy

The next day without my authority opened 20 web domains to transfer leaving them at risk of been stolen
As the codes where on them

I sent an email to them stating go Daddy wants to know how ru paying for all the transfers

To receive a reply back we are only moving your co.uk free of charge to which I told them they are offering sod all free of charge because I cam move the domains my self for nothing and I am holding them li
To there original offer and the entire costs

I have attempted to come to a settlement getting just the sites re installed and one repaired to have

It is my responsibility to have a back up which I have they forget they stating its my responsibility to back up when I am paying for a professional service at all times back up has been there it backed last years mess up but my developer has been so good to install all the sites free each time they have been hack but the lad can afford to keep repairing Uk2 and west cost,cons errors up
I can ill afford to also pay for something that was a paid service

Beware Business customers and Public on Uk2 Back up it is totally inadequate 14 back up
6 days in the USA this company has done nothing but treats libel slanderous deformation yet if there
Own technical guy new how to restore my web sites from back upas they have been hacked
A simple question non technical

Also due to it Been the same hackers under federal and international laws it is a criminal offence
I requested 4 times and then finally demanded the relevant authorities to be notified so they could
Gain access to the server discs to possibly obtain forensic evidence to trace and bring this
notorious set of hackers from Greece To justice and obtain damages for such.

The request to do such was refused

UK2/ Westhost have a legal Duty to report such an hack under Federal and international Laws

also one does not know is the discs have been embedded

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 pistol22cal

pistol22cal

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:08 PM

That was a lot to read thanks for the info!

I Love Lamp!

#3 Will5200

Will5200

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 09 October 2015 - 02:00 PM

Varying opinions over at Web of Trust: https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/westhost.com?utm_source=addon&utm_content=popup-donuts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users