Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Revo Uninstaller

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Blnd_E

Blnd_E

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:36 PM

• Is there a way to fully remove the Revo Uninstaller program?

I imagine they leave something behind that a normal uninstall will not detect.

• Is there a free software application similar to Revo?

I hear IObit Uninstaller is bad.

Edited by hamluis, 26 August 2015 - 02:41 PM.
Moved from Firewalls to All Other Apps - Hamluis..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:46 PM

Revo Uninstaller is a good, trusted product....and is also free (unless you need the attributes provided by the paid version)

It performs its task admirably and is recommended by many of the helpers here at BC, as well as being hosted in our downloads section HERE

The differences between the Free and the Paid ...can be found HERE  

To remove Revo simply go to Programs and Features in control panel and uninstall it there. As far as I know it leaves no residue. if it does, this will be of no consequence.

Is there a specific reason you want to get rid of it.??

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 Blnd_E

Blnd_E
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:50 PM

I really enjoy Revo Uninstaller but it prompted me to buy, leading me to think it is a paid process now.

Apparently, I downloaded the Pro version & will have to fix that.

I plan to keep Revo if still free.

Thanks Condobloke.

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:57 PM

All cool.

Revo is a fixture on my pc.

I have not checked this out.....but the pro version will probably automatically revert to the free version if you do not purchase......or you can just download the free version from the download area on BC....the link is my first post.

Edited by Condobloke, 26 August 2015 - 03:59 PM.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users