Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook displaying duplicate contacts when searching.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jrodch101

jrodch101

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:31 PM

In Outlook 2013 under "People" when I search for virtually any name it will come up with a duplicate.  When I open the first listing it says "In Folder Contacts" which is the only contact folder I have.  When I open the second listing is says "In Folder Duplicate Contacts".  I don't see a folder named "Duplicate Contacts".  

During my research I found the steps to disable the search from looking in nickname cache:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2013_release-outlook/frustrated-with-outlook-2013-search-people-box/878a33e2-94ed-4d31-b991-53b604fa5724

This hasn't fixed the problem.

I've also rolled back to Outlook 2010 and the problem continues.  

We are running an exchange server.  I have tried disabling add-ons.  I have tried deleting the data file and re-syncing.  

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users