Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't install Windows 10, keeps running into this error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Harm Kanis

Harm Kanis

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 25 August 2015 - 02:26 PM

I can somehow not post a reply in the original topic

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585272/cant-install-windows-10-keeps-running-into-this-error/

Yet, I feel like​ helping, so I try it the alternative way :-)

My replay to the topic would have been:​

Hello,

I was faced with the same message, time and again.
Searching the internet, I came across a similar problem, and I ‘translated’ it successfully onto my problem.
The following steps solved it for me:

1.  I made a full image of the entire SSD holding the existing Windows 7 programs, etc. (using Acronis 2015) (onto a separate HD)

2. Then I made a new map ‘Safety BU) in C:\

3. I restarted my PC from a Knoppix boot disk (Linux; Ubuntu would do equally well)

4. Removed the other 2 files $Windows.~BT and $Windows.~WS (temporary roll-back files ?), but left alone the $~Recycle.bin

5. Then I went to C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository, and searched for the files, holding any ‘acs6nts’ in its name. There was only one: acs6nts.inf_amd64_neutral_16a4f72f419e5ed1.

6. I moved it to the map ‘Safety BU’ in C:\, and kept it there (just in case ).

7. Note well: all this was all done in a Linux-environment.

8. The I restarted the PC, booting into Windows again. It did perfectly. Doing so, it showed a quick message; something like ‘auto installing pci - pci bridge. OK’. Never seen before.

Having gone through all this, the actual upgrading W7 to W10 went smoothly.
You may give it a try (AFTER GOING THROUGH STEP 1 FIRST !!!).

Good luck,
Harm

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 windowsmaster101

windowsmaster101

• Banned Spammer
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:59 AM

Hello Harm,

It is really a problem that you may face while installing Windows 10. Why don't you call to 1-855-883-1117 Microsoft WIndows10 Technical Support for a Windows10 Support.

#3 Harm Kanis

Harm Kanis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2015 - 09:28 AM

Hello Windowsmaster101,

Thanks for responding.
Two good reasons for not calling them:

1. I live in the Netherlands, so there is quite a time differential.

2. I have no questiohn to pose. As stated: I solved the problem, and just intended to be of help to others. However, the forum reacts in a 'funny way' (can't register for 45 minutes; the get 4 confirmations of being registered). However: no logging-in. No ways of posting responds. Name it.

I only meant to be of help to those who are faced with the same problem, but could not respond to the ongoing topic. I therefore (on seventh attempt, or so) started a new one. The 'Re:-quote' has gone astray.

Regards,

Harm ​

#4 Harm Kanis

Harm Kanis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2015 - 09:35 AM

Hello,

I was faced with the same message, time and again.
Searching the internet, I came across a similar problem, and I ‘translated’ it successfully onto my problem.
The following steps solved it for me:

1.  I made a full image of the entire SSD holding the existing Windows 7 programs, etc. (using Acronis 2015) (onto a separate HD)

2. Then I made a new map ‘Safety BU) in C:\

3. I restarted my PC from a Knoppix boot disk (Linux; Ubuntu would do equally well)

4. Removed the other 2 files $Windows.~BT and $Windows.~WS (temporary roll-back files ?), but left alone the $~Recycle.bin

5. Then I went to C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository, and searched for the files, holding any ‘acs6nts’ in its name. There was only one: acs6nts.inf_amd64_neutral_16a4f72f419e5ed1.

6. I moved it to the map ‘Safety BU’ in C:\, and kept it there (just in case ).

7. Note well: all this was all done in a Linux-environment.

8. The I restarted the PC, booting into Windows again. It did perfectly. Doing so, it showed a quick message; something like ‘auto installing pci - pci bridge. OK’. Never seen before.

Having gone through all this, the actual upgrading W7 to W10 went smoothly.
You may give it a try (AFTER GOING THROUGH STEP 1 FIRST !!!).

Good luck,
Harm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users