Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 won't start after shut down

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JazzMahn

JazzMahn

• Members
  • 379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 25 August 2015 - 02:05 PM

I have a feeling this is due to the recent update KB3081424.  If the computer won't even start up, can I still get into Safe Mode. using the Shift Key and the F8 key.  If I can get into Safe Mode I should be able to correct things.  Please let me know..Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xAnti_HerOx

xAnti_HerOx

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 29 August 2015 - 11:34 AM

If you are still able to boot into some form of Windows then AWESOME!! 

In terms of Recovery Options, Windows 10 Has System Restore Available that you can attempt to do to try to Restore the System to before the Update was Installed and then you can just not install it, and/or hide the Update if it appears again. 

Windows 10 is still new, so hard to find How To's Readily Available, but its similar to Windows 8.1/8 and the Restore Process is explained Here :: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-8-system-restore-guide/

You Can Also attempt to Uninstall the Windows10 Update itself through the Application Wizard and see if that helps remedy the issue. 

Edited by xAnti_HerOx, 29 August 2015 - 11:37 AM.

4mKMIUp.jpg

"The human spirit must prevail over technology". -Albert Einstein 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users