Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Am I Infected?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jenbleepingcomputer8

jenbleepingcomputer8

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:48 PM

Hey everybody!

I am new here and would really appreciate any advice you guys can give me. I have had my laptop running rather slowly and a relative of mine is on a shared network, she was experiencing some serious issues and I was told it could pass to my computer through the internet connection. I have Advanced PC Care, RogueKiller and MalwareBytes as well as Windows Defender (which came with the laptop). RogueKiller continuously finds Pum.Homepage errors in the Registry portion (usually 2 labeled IE SETTINGS). MalwareBytes is continuously clean since I have had it repair any errors it initially found last week when issues began. Advanced PC Care finds quite a bit every time I run it. I did a reset everything, purged all of my files, put all of my three antivirus software back on and it finds issues still in PC Care and RogueKiller still. I have also run these in safe mode. Any help anyone could offer me would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!

Jenni

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 severac

severac

• Members
  • 872 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:39 PM

Hello and welcome to BC,

I can see that you have posted here also:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588011/please-help/

You will need to follow instructions in the Preparation Guide.

Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help

Start with Step 6, and post there FRST logs as explained in Step 6.

Let me know if you need any help with that.

Edited by severac, 25 August 2015 - 01:41 PM.

I would like to help you to remove malware. Let's look inside.   :busy:

But I don't know to solve all PC problems.  :smash: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users