Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Cortana Beta now available on Android

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:07 AM

Microsoft announced yesterday the availability of the public beta of Cortana for Android. Cortana is a digital personal assistant that is bundled with Windows 10 and is similar to Siri and Google Now. Using Cortana you are able to speak commands that will schedule appointments, launch applications, or search for information. Offering Cortana on other mobile operating systems such as Android and iOS makes sense as the various companies gear up for the war to gain the most users in the digital personal assistant market.

Cortana-image-3-576x1024.jpg
Source: Microsoft.com

Uses can download the Cortana app for Android at this link. Unfortunately, Cortana on Android is currently only available in the U.S., but Microsoft hopes to roll it out to other markets in the future.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tenis

Tenis

Bleepin' FX

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:31 AM

Unfortunately, Cortana on Android is currently only available in the U.S

that's sad for non-U.S users.

I wonder if MS has any other aim besides this.They could spy on android users.

Besides there is little typo  :P

Uses can download the Cortana app for Android

Users*

Edited by Tenis, 25 August 2015 - 10:33 AM.

#3 TheJokerz

TheJokerz

• Members
  • 287 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:45 AM

No thanks..

utl8q0-5.png

#4 Xirw

Xirw

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:58 AM

Considering the fact that Windows 10 is an ad and spy platform where microsoft is basically the admin of your pc, I think I will pass on putting anything new out by microsoft on my phone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users