Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Using PC Remote Server to connect phone and PC

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 clayto

clayto

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 AM

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:17 AM

I have been trying to get PC Remote Server to connect my Windows 8.1 phone and PC.  After I enter the IP addresses and connection fails one suggestion is to 'add a new exception on local port 6134'.  Can someone advise me how to do this?

My anti-virus is Norton 360 which managers the Windows Defender and Firewall. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ChuckPasadena

ChuckPasadena

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:45 AM

To add an exception to a port in your firewall you need to get to your Control Panel either by clicking the control panel icon (in Windows 7/8) or start button at the lower left of your screen (Windows 10), then settings, Network & Internet, then scroll down an the bottam and click Windows Firewall.  Once there click on "Allow an App or Feature through Windows Firewall" and you'll arrive at the allowed apps page.  Click on Change Settings at the top then scan through the list of apps until you see which one you've been trying to use to connect them. If both the Public and Private network boxes are empty click them and grant it firewall exceptions.  If that doesn't work you might want to post your question in the main Windows forum as they're much more familiar working with online security than I am.

I'm still confused as to why you're trying to connect via remote server when there's easier ways to get them on the same page.  What is it you're trying to do with your phone and PC?  If I know what the end goal here is I might be able to tell you how to do it without touching any security settings whatsoever

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users