Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 10 ready updated but how to increase 2 days of postponement time?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 zzzz

zzzz

• Members
  • 620 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:01 AM

I thought I would have up to next July to decide when to get Win 10 going after the update procedure but it only gives 2 days  - how can I postpone it for much longer?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,610 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:41 AM

You can postpone it indefinitely I think by just ignoring the message and closing the window. If you want, you can uninstall the KB3035583 and simply upgrade via the Media Creation Tool whenever you are ready.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 zzzz

zzzz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 620 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:30 AM

I don't think one can ignore the message as it it gives an update time, no blank field, which altho you can change it but only up to 11pm or maybe midnight 2 days away. So as I've gone thru the upgrade procedure I'm screwed. I can go back to Win 7 but then I have no choice to get Win 10 again later, right? 

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,610 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:34 AM

No. You can upgrade to Windows 10, downgrade to Windows 7 and stay on Windows 7 if you wish. You don't "have" to upgrade back to Windows 10 again if you don't want to.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 zzzz

zzzz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 620 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:41 AM

But I will most likely want to but not now.l

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,610 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:12 AM

You are free to upgrade in the future using the Media Creation Tool if you want, nothing prevents you from doing so :)

unite_blue.png

#7 zzzz

zzzz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 620 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:32 AM

Right, OK, thanks.

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,610 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:44 AM

No problem :)

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users