Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WHO'S IN CHARGE??

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Raven_Of_OceanPark

Raven_Of_OceanPark

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:35 AM

:blush:  Hey you guys!!

Have had my computer for about two years now. A few months ago I was able to install things NP and everything was fine. Recently it got a virus and I had to take it in. Virus is gone now. They did a clean sweep and I have to reinstall things. So now here is the problem. UAC is blocked! So a tekkie at Microsoft gave me instructions to follow for troubleshooting this {"step one: press the window key and the letter l", step two "hold down shift key and press power button" etc}. I go through Command Prompt, I go to the account named "Administrator" and it won't let me type "net user adminstrator/active:yes" and it won't let me type in the password for my account. Even tried typing in the word "password" as my password and it still didn't work!! What do I do here????

Get back to me on this please!

Thanks!!

Raven

PS: Sorry for the tone. But I reeeeally need help with this!

PPS: Sorry for the font and size. Vision-impaired.  :blush:  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:05 PM

let's try this in a different way.

Press the Windows key windowskey_zps092d5c75.png and the X key.   A menu will open with the option Command Prompt (Admin), click on this.

This will open the Elevated Command Prompt running as an administrator.

Copy and paste the command below, then press Enter.

net user administrator /active:yes

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users