Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LiNiLiKi

LiNiLiKi

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:42 PM

Hello everyone i dont know if this is the right topic to choose to post this thread so if any of mods could move my post to appropriate topic i would really appreciate it ! Recently i bought myself a new computer. The specs are following:

Asus gtx 970 strix 4gb
intel core i5 4690k 3.5ghz quad core processor
z97 gaming 5 motherboard
8 GB RAM
1TB HDD
650W PSU

So i was really exited because i got it and i installed bunch of games on it like Archeage, league of legends, dishonored, bioshock infinite. So i installed fraps to check fps while i was gaming and the fps was always at 60 FPS. But while i was gaming i noticed that the gameplay was not smooth it felt really laggy. I would move my mouse around and all from the sudden i would notice a little lag spike. It was like a little screen tear. It really annoyed me because i couldn't play the game normally basically i couldn't enjoy the game. In archeage when i first launched it characters in cites took ages to load. When i came to the city after the intro all the characters were black like they were glitched out but then they came back after 10 sec. In archeage when i moved my camera my screen froze for a sec and then everything was fine. But i also got those weird lag spikes in that game too. When i installed windows it was also acting pretty weird when i would open a program i expected to be opened in instant because people were saying that my computer should run at speed of light with specs like that. When i opened a program it took like 5 second to open up and sometimes even control panel would take that long to open. I updated all my drivers with gefroce experiance and i updated my bios and network drivers using motherboard utility MSI Live update 6. I also used driver booster 2 to update my drivers i also paid for that software. I tried turning off v-sync and turn it on again and it didnt fix it. I also uninstalled nvidia phishyx and turned on triple buffering but nothing. I tried moving my computer to other monitors (monitors are around 7-8 years old) and i even tried TV but the problem is still there... My CPU temperature is 46 last time i checked in bios and my GPU temperature is around 70 when playing games like archeage. I have the same GPU, PSU like my friend and similar processor just a little bit weaker and when he is playing games i just mentioned nothing happens everything is working smooth for him. I worked really hard for this computer for years but now i got this lag spikes. The funny thing is a program FRAPS and ACTION which are programs to record videos with showed that i played all of the mentioned games at 60 FPS sometimes i noticed it jumped down to 59 FPS but usually it was always 60 i never saw FPS droped more then 59 FPS. Any ideas how to fix this. I would really appreciate ! 

Let me know if you guys need any more info about anything !

Edited by LiNiLiKi, 24 August 2015 - 06:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 25 August 2015 - 02:31 PM

I also used driver booster 2 to update my drivers i also paid for that software.

Ahhhh!!! You bought nothing. Driver booster/updater/magic/wizard/goblin/whatever is scam software. You can update your drivers yourself for free by going to the manufacturer's website. For example, I had a Lenovo T60p laptop that had special video card drivers. The only place those exist (for free) is on Lenovo's website, so that's where I downloaded them from. You can't be certain that your driver booster software will download the correct/up-to-date drivers.

To go back to your original issue, it could be a software or hardware issue. One easy fix is to clean out the inside of your computer. Ensure it is dust free, that there are no dust-bunnies or webs on your CPU fan, video card, etc. Enough dust can cause unusually bad performance.

At what point did Windows itself start to perform poorly? Was it recently or since it was installed? Reading your post it feels like a hardware issue to me, but I can not be certain from this end. For now, I need more information.

#3 GameGuru

GameGuru

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 13 December 2015 - 10:47 PM

How is the gaming when you don't have FRAPS or other recording software running?  Next was this a custom built computer or a store bought computer?  If custom did you install all the latests drivers (chipset, LAN, Sound, Video etc) for your hardware?  

It honestly sounds like something is taking your CPU cycles, go into task manager and click on the processes tab and see if there is something using a high percentage of the CPU?

AMD FX-6300 6-Core|Asrock 990FX Extreme3|16GB G. Skill Ripjaws (4x4GB) DDR3 1600|MSI Geforce GTX 970 Gaming 4G|250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD|8TB (total) Seagate NAS HDD|Corsair CX600M 600W PSU|Pioneer BDR-209DBK|HP Pavilion 25XI 25" IPS 7ms Display|CoolerMaster HAF XB EVO|Creative Gigaworks T40 Series II 2.0 Speakers

These guys know tech!  Check out digitalSoup at http://www.digitalsouppodcast.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users