Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What should I upgrade?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LiNiLiKi

LiNiLiKi

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:40 PM

Hi so I recently bought a Toshiba Radius 15. I really like it but it seems to be a bit slow when doing processes like loading webpages and other basic stuff. At the same time I don't want to give up battery life. Should I upgrade RAM or SSD or something else? 

Current:
RAM: 8 gb
Hard Drive: 1tb HHD
Processor: Intel i7

Edited by LiNiLiKi, 24 August 2015 - 06:40 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DeimosChaos

DeimosChaos

• BC Advisor
  • 1,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:16 PM

An SSD is going to help decrease boot times and should help with overall quickenss of loading things. If it is a single slot RAM chip now, then upgrading to dual channel RAM, and adding more GB, is also good (basically using two sticks instead of just the one).

OS - Ubuntu 14.04/16.04 & Windows 10
Custom Desktop PC / Lenovo Y580 / Sager NP8258 / Dell XPS 13 (9350)

#3 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:48 PM

Adding more RAM then you have now should not affect web page loading. Web pages do not take up much resources. SSD will make loading and booting faster, it won't make web pages load any faster.

If your computer has speed issues with even basic tasks, then I recommend opening a thread in the help section so it can get properly diagnosed. You may be able to get a massive performance boost for free.

#4 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 6,096 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:28 PM

If your computer has speed issues with even basic tasks, then I recommend opening a thread in the help section so it can get properly diagnosed. You may be able to get a massive performance boost for free.

I agree, that's a powerhouse of a pc.  It should be fast just like it is.  You might go here to learn how to post a Speccy chart if you start another thread: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/#entry1797792

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users