Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to change cache folder microsoft edge.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 diggiedo

diggiedo

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:30 PM

Can,t seem to find a anwser to this one edge don,t have internet options to change cache folder i want to put all my temp files on my ram disk any help would be great.  ty.

Edited by hamluis, 26 August 2015 - 10:25 AM.
Topic closed to avoid confusion - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,190 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:11 PM

Apparently, Microsoft Edge is using the same cache folder as Internet Explorer, so you would have to move it as well the "old way" and it would work with Edge.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/7287-microsoft-edge-possible-move-browsing-cache-secondary-drive.html

Another way is to create a symbolic link but this can go south pretty fast so I do not recommend it.

http://forums.evga.com/Move-Microsoft-Edge-Cache-to-another-folder-Second-Drive-m2374541.aspx

Also, see the IECacheView utility by NirSoft.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/ie_cache_viewer.html

Version 1.55:
Fixed to work with the latest build of Windows 10. On Windows 10, IECacheView shows the cache of both IE11 and Project Spartan/Microsoft Edge, which currently share the same cache database.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 diggiedo

diggiedo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2015 - 05:59 PM

Thank you very much it worked. it just seems like i,m having one problem after another with this windows 10 tho i,m trying to do a windows 10 reset under the recovery options an it won,t let me do that either mannnnnn. its saying no changes were made to your computer an I tried both options under reset pc idk what the hell is going here. I thought by resetting my computer would maybe solves a lot of different issues I,m having. I might just go back to windows 7 idk still debating on that one.but it,s looking more an more like I might just haft to go that route.

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,190 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:23 PM

No problem, you're welcome. You want Windows 10 to reinstall automatically by itself?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 diggiedo

diggiedo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:45 PM

I DONT KNOW AURA WHAT TO DO. i have so many things not running right it,s crazy. my computer never ran this bad when i had windows 7 i take very good care of my computer thats why i don,t understand why it,s running so crappy. i thought well maybe some malware but no was,ent any malware.after it freezes where i cant do anything it saya remote procedure called failed i have know idea what the hell that means. it wont play dvds no more it constinaly sticks off line an online.it just all around runs like crap I cant beleive my computer is even running this bad.i don't even know where to begin on trying to fix these many issues I,m having. ok like right now I,m trying to post this reply an it,s doing nothing I hope I can post this I will keep trying.also when I try to do a windows reset it don't wanna do that either I thought maybe if I do a reset that would take care of some of the issues well that don't work either.

Edited by diggiedo, 25 August 2015 - 08:51 PM.

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,190 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:18 AM

What you can do is to download the Media Creation Tool to grab the Windows 10 .iso and run a repair install on your Windows 10. It should help a lot and repair corrupted system files, settings, programs, etc.

unite_blue.png

#7 diggiedo

diggiedo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:14 AM

it says to upgrade or create media is the only options i,m getting for the media creation tool. so i hit upgrade because when i hit run this tool nothing happens.

#8 diggiedo

diggiedo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:23 AM

Also so i,ll be doing whatever on computer then everthing freezes an so when i end the task or process it saya remote procedure called failed i have know idea what that means.but my computer keeps sticking an frezzing up.

#9 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,190 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:23 AM

Use the Create media option, this will download the .iso for Windows 10 on your system. Once done, you can either burn it on a DVD, make a USB bootable with it or mount it (using DEAMON Tools Lite for example) then open it and launch setup.exe. From there, simply select the Upgrade installation option.

unite_blue.png

#10 diggiedo

diggiedo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:06 AM

i already downloaded windows 10 using media creation tool but i dont know where the file is also when i use the flashdrive option it saya cant find flash dive. see  this is what i,m trying to say every little thing i try to do will not work right. can you help me to get windows 7 back im having way to many problems with this 10 crap i just want to go back to when my computer was running smoothly this is crazy i cant seem to do anything with this windows 10 it,s been nothing but problem after problem. i,m serious. ty for all your help anyway you have been alot of help with me for the last month. when i try to tell it i want to go back to windows 7 that wont even work i cant do a windows reset i cant do a total recovery back to factory settings.   NOTHING.

Edited by diggiedo, 26 August 2015 - 08:12 AM.

#11 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,190 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:07 AM

You were asked to choose the location where the .iso would be saved on download. I suspect that it might be on your Documents folder. And what tool are you using to create a bootable USB? At worst, right-click on the .iso once you have it and select Mount, then right-click on the mounted .iso under This PC and select Open then launch setup.exe from there.

unite_blue.png

#12 diggiedo

diggiedo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:47 AM

Well it,s not in my documents folder an also i,m not using any kind of tool did not know i was suppose to sry. an i have know idea where the iso file is i did not give me a option to where it would be downloaded to.

#13 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,190 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 09:00 AM

Try again using the Media Creation Tool, and when it says Save .iso to... click on it and select the destination folder.

unite_blue.png

#14 diggiedo

diggiedo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 09:17 AM

Now it saying cant download media creation tool please restart computer an try again i,ve tried twice now it,s not letting me. do you see aura what i,m trying to say all of these little things i try to do is messing up. i just wanna go back to windows 7 can you just help me do that i dont want to mess with this 10 crap any longer it,s been nothing but prblem after problem i have never ran in to so many complications on this computer before until i switched to windows 10.  im DONE. SRY. I JUST WANT TO GET BACK TO 7.     please. tyvm for all your help i really mean that but i just cant handle all these problems everyday i,m troubleshooting things one after another i have not actually sat down an enjoyed my computer for a month now. :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

#15 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,190 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 09:30 AM

We'll continue this conversation in your other thread then if you want to downgrade to Windows 7 (since you created it for that reason and it would be useless to have two threads with the same question open).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588054/wont-let-me-go-back-to-windows-7/

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users