Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can't access website from inside network

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gib65

gib65

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:39 PM

Hello,

I'm hosting a website (www.mm-theory.com) out of my home. I am able to get to my website from outside my home network but not inside. I'm wondering if someone can help me troubleshoot this.

I'm told that possibly the problem is that my router doesn't have "reflection" enabled, but I'm not 100% sure what that is or how to enable it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:54 PM

It means your router can't resolve an external address to an internal address when queried from the inside. 

If you have an internal dns server you can add the web site and associate it with its internal ip address.

If no dns server you can edit the HOSTS file with the www.mm-theory.com and internal ip address. This is a per workstation basis.

#3 gib65

gib65
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 26 August 2015 - 09:14 PM

If no dns server you can edit the HOSTS file with the www.mm-theory.com and internal ip address. This is a per workstation basis.

Hey, beautiful! It worked!

#4 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 27 August 2015 - 10:03 AM

Glad to help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users