Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSoD when opening a web browser

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 estroop

estroop

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:58 PM

Hello. I bought a new Windows 8.1 laptop two weeks ago. Soon I started getting BSoDs. 

The blue screen usually occurs in the morning after the computer wakes from hibernation. Everything is fine until the moment I open a web browser (Chrome or Opera). Then I get BSoD with the message: bad_pool_caller.

Lately I've been getting BSoDs several times a day when the computer wakes from sleep or after restart.

Sometimes it shows another error messages: system_thread_exception_not_handled OR system_service_exception (dxgmms1.sys)

Speccy snapshot: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/kR3hlSniX3yXJZs51qChrPK

I also added Minitoolbox log and Windows dump files. 

Can someone take a look?

Thanks

Attached File  minidump.zip   590.1KB   1 downloads

Attached File  MTB.txt   18.06KB   2 downloads

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 24 August 2015 - 05:58 PM.
Moved from Win 8 to 'BSODs, crashes, etc.'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,501 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:10 PM

Since you purchased this unit only 2 weeks ago, your first recourse should be your retailer. Most retailers give you a certain allowed return time; once that has expired you must deal with the manufacturer and that can try your soul.

My suggestion is to immediately return the unit and request a replacement.

We can start going in to a systematic testing of major components that can take time, and in the meantime your return period expires.

One thing I would mention as a side thought; I notice that you are using McAfee AV. Micrososft AV and firewall are every bit as good, are regularly updated, and use far less resources than McAfee. And...they are free with Windows 8.1.

Edited by ranchhand_, 24 August 2015 - 06:11 PM.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#3 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,052 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:25 PM

Hi. . .

I Agree with returning the system.

I also absolutely agree with McAfee removal.  Be sure to use the McAfee Removal Tool - http://support.eset.com/kb146/

Reboot upon completion to help assure the deletion of all boot and kernel mode drivers.

In the interim, update your Huawei Mobile Broadband USB NDIS Miniport driver -

http://www.sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=ewusbwwan.sys

The driver update should end the BSOD epidemic.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Edited by jcgriff2, 24 August 2015 - 07:13 PM.

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015

#4 estroop

estroop
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 25 August 2015 - 04:18 AM

Thanks guys. I haven't got BSoD today which is nice. Also updated Huawei driver and uninstalled Mcafee. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users