Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC not booting to the login screen and green artefacts

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 robertjuh

robertjuh

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:42 AM

Greetings everyone!

Yesterday i was using my pc like a boss when suddenly my sound went crazy and my screen turned black.

I just pressed the power off button and tried rebooting again. I noticed green artefacts in certain screens in the bios and also when the windows load bar appeared as displayed in these pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/eyL0m

Alright, in the last 2 pictures you can see i am reinstalling windows since i didn't have any restore points available.

After reinstalling win7 again on my C partition (i have 1 hard disk with a 100gb and a 1,7tb partition), i could get back to my precious desktop again, however it still showed those green lines.

I thought that installing the nvidea driver would work (for some reason i had a driver installer on my D partition), after installing it needed rebooting. So i rebooted and the same problem occured, black screen after windows loader and before the login screen.

I could enter mini XP via the hrien's boot cd though, so i could copy my important stuff.

Where i am now: reinstalled window7, no drivers, green artefacts.

I hope anyone is familiar with this issue!

System:

motherboard: GIGABYTE Z68X-UD3H-B3

CPU: intell i5 -2500k

Video card: gtx560 twin frozr TI2

ps: i tried connecting my monitor to my onboard DVI port but does not display anything, maybe driver?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:04 AM

Hi, unfortunately the re-installing Windows may have been in vain.  The fact it's affecting everything including BIOS screen sounds very much like a hardware problem.  Drivers are not even loaded until Windows boots at least part way.

First thing to try and rule out is the monitor cable.  Make sure the connection is clean and tight at both ends.  Do you have another cable you can try? EDIT I missed your ps a the end of your message.

It would also be helpful to rule out the monitor itself.  Do you have another screen you can try the output on, or alternatively another device you can connect to the monitor?

Unfortunately. it does look very similar to a problem I had though when one of my old GPU's failed. If you can rule it in or out with another GPU, that would be helpful, but it's the most likely candidate IMO.

EDIT EDIT - Your CPU has Intel HD 3000 Graphics built into it.  If you do not have another GPU, please try the integrated graphics (remember to enable it in BIOS if it's currently disabled).

Edited by jonuk76, 24 August 2015 - 11:30 AM.

7sbvuf-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users