Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer turning off. help with hardware troubleshooting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Neurism

Neurism

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 23 August 2015 - 09:02 PM

Okay so last night I got fairly wasted, when I woke up this morning my computer was a little wet. I am not sure exactly what on the insides got wet. The computer was constantly restarting, only being on for a  couple seconds before rebooting. The computer had plenty of dust inside the CPU and everywhere else, so I made sure to blow all of that out. After that I tried turning it on and it turned on for 3 seconds, restarted, then stayed on. However there was no display, so I turned it off by holding the button down. Afterwards it went back to just restarting every few seconds.

I have two 4gb sticks of RAM. I took them both out and tried putting them in each RAM slot one at a time, nothing helped. I also tried starting with no RAM and without my graphics card.

All my fans turn on and the lights turn on on the motherboard.

Please help me troubleshoot.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:29 PM

System manufacturer and model?

Wet...from what?  What is the source of the moisture?

Louis

#3 Neurism

Neurism
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:42 PM

Power Supply: Corsair TX 750

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-83

CPU: Intel i5  (not sure exactly right now.. does it make a big difference?)

GPU: GTX 560 Ti

Ram: DDR3 

This is a custom built gaming computer thats about 2 years old.

and a cup of water spilled over the top

Edited by Neurism, 24 August 2015 - 05:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users