Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

UAC prompt ?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 sportman12

sportman12

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 23 August 2015 - 07:11 PM

I have some programs running on start-up my UAC prompts every time the Windows starts. How can I set a program to make sure that no UAC prompt would not appear during start-up or when I install software or a prpgrams it appears to ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 yu gnomi

yu gnomi

• Members
  • 532 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 23 August 2015 - 07:32 PM

press windows key and 's'  key simultaneously to open a search bar. Type 'user accounts' into search bar, and select that in search results. In the User Accounts panel, there is an option 'Change User Account Control settings', select that.

You should see a slider that determines what conditions prompt you. The higher the slider is set, the more often you get prompted.

#3 sportman12

sportman12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 07:40 PM

I see it says when you  'Change User Account Control settings slider that determines what conditions prompt you. The higher the slider is set, the more often you get prompted.I see it says reccmended leave visable ? fHow can I set a program to make sure that no UAC prompt would not appear during start-up or when I install software or a prpgrams it appears to ?

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 08:05 PM

Hi sportman12 :)

Sadly, it's impossible to do what you're asking. You cannot manage UAC by allowing certain programs to ask for it, and others to not ask for it. The only thing you can do is change its intensity level via the procedure yu gnomi gave you already. Security wise, you should leave UAC at its default level (or put it on the higher level if you wish but that's not necessary). Disabling the UAC completely, or reducing it to the level below the default one can make your system easier to fall to malware infection. To sum it up, you can only disable the UAC, or enable it on one of the three given level, simple as that.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 sportman12

sportman12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 08:10 PM

I never had it turn UAC off I have it on the settings reccmened UAC Pop up on the settings it pops up every time programs running on start-up my UAC prompts every time the Windows starts. How can I set a program to make sure that no UAC prompt would not appear during start-up or when I install software or a prpgrams it appears never poped up on reccmened setting any other time any fixes ?

Edited by sportman12, 23 August 2015 - 08:14 PM.

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 08:11 PM

sportman, please read my reply just above, I answered your question already.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587764/uac-prompt/#entry3799383

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#7 sportman12

sportman12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 08:19 PM

I saw your reply

I have it on the settings reccmened UAC with no Pop up on it pops up every time programs running on start-up my UAC prompts every time the Windows starts. How can I set a program to make sure that no UAC prompt would not appear during start-up or when I install software or a prpgrams it appears never poped up on reccmened setting any other time any fixes ?

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 08:22 PM

I have no idea of what you just said. On which level is your UAC currently set?

fPZouRz.png

Let's say they range from 1 to 4, 1 being the lowest, 4 the highest and 3 the default.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

#9 sportman12

sportman12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 08:37 PM

I have it on your  screenshot settings when I leave  promt comes up Do you want to allow theses setting to change program it did not pop up like this  get back to me                

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 08:40 PM

sportman, I honestly have no idea of what you mean. This being said, the only way to completely disable the UAC prompt when you start up your computer and/or to install programs is to set it at the lowest bar (at the bottom). This is however a huge security risk.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

#11 sportman12

sportman12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 08:47 PM

I have it set your  screenshot settings when I go to install a program a  promt comes up Do you want to allow theses setting to change program this happens for windows start upmfor programs in the start menu to  it did not pop up like this  get back to me               

#12 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 08:48 PM

Alright let's take a look at this under another angle... Follow the instructions below please.

sUc2qjf.pngAutoruns - Start-up Entries
Follow the instructions below to give me an Autoruns log containing your start-up entries:
  • Download Autoruns.zip from the Sysinternals Suite webpage;
  • Extract the content of the Autoruns.zip folder where you want, then go in the folder, right-click on Autoruns.exe and select Run as Administrator;
  • Accept the EULA on opening, then wait for all the entries to load;
  • Click on File then Save and save the file to a location easily accessible as a .arn (Autoruns) file;
  • Upload the file on Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive and post the download URL for it here;

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

#13 sportman12

sportman12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 08:53 PM

A little technical for me to follow any other way to do it ?

#14 Jaycan

Jaycan

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 23 August 2015 - 09:52 PM

Hey .. I was just looking at the same thing for myself, and found that along with this linked program list How to Temporarily Disable your Anti-virus

There are cases during repairing computers that you may need to see How to disable UAC also Disable User Account Control.

It just shows you in pictures how to up or drop your UAC settings. Is yours like Aura's and set in about the middle, or Default use. Sorry but to paraphrase what Aura has said, if a program is installed with UAC, then it seems that you need to Right Click on it and Select, Run as Administrator.

To me it is no biggie, but there are times that others do not understand that this was how you installed it, and it will have a UAC shield showing.

Acer Computer with LG Monitor and Toshiba Laptop with Windows 7.1

Windows 64bit  8.1 - Always fully updated

Firefox / Google Chrome / Internet Explorer Browsers

Usually a home helper here or with friends and nimble fingered ladies who would rather sew or dust, but not clean the bugs out of a computer ...

#15 sportman12

sportman12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 10:02 PM

I do not want programs  installed with UAC, then it seems that you need to Right Click on it and Select, Run as Administrator.how do I turn do this ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users