Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2 Quick flashes...then no power up...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jake21

jake21

• Members
  • 362 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 AM

Posted 23 August 2015 - 04:54 PM

Sony Vaio laptop model PCG-661L

My first attempt at repairing a laptop:

Battery unit plugs into wall ok, and glows....but laptop does not go to windows screen...just a black screen.

I get two short flashes of green on the power up panel on the front of the laptop. similar to 2 beep error codes on other laptops, this one just give two quick " beeps" of light on the lower right hand side where the monitor controls are at. It then repeats......beep beep....pause...beep beep ( or flash flash to be correct.)

Places to look to get this laptop to go to windows?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 29 August 2015 - 10:34 PM

This article should help you get to BIOS and see what you can do from there.  Also look up the beep code at Sonys website

To get to BIOS

Good Luck

cz

CZARBOOM 

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

#3 jake21

jake21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 362 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 AM

Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:43 PM

Thanks...I'll give it a try...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users