Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows updates not being detected in windows 7

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wayne937

wayne937

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 23 August 2015 - 03:41 PM

I am using windows 7 on this HP computer. I have not had it on for several months. Today I tried to use windows update and it will not download any updates. I left it run for a considerable long period of time but it did not download any updates. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 wayne937

wayne937
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 03:51 PM

One other thing I might mention is that it shows the last update on this computer was 8/16/14. I hardly ever use this one as I have two other computers that I use

#3 wayne937

wayne937
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 04:20 PM

Disregard this post. I ran the Microsoft updater fix it tool. I tried updating without restarting the computer and I had the same problem. After doing a restart, I tried the windows update again and now the windows update is starting to work.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,865 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:14 PM

Thanks for letting us know...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users