Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown Rootkit issue

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 H8Rootkits

H8Rootkits

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 23 August 2015 - 02:43 PM

Spyhunter 4 is detecting 2 "unknown rootkits,

my problem with Spyhunter is that when i click on : Fix all Threats , i get this error message : Failed to install SHOS. Pleace contact the spyhunter customer support department to resolve this issue.

I have tryed to remove one of them by going to regedit, and look in HKLM and in the RUN folder, but all i find there is 3-4 safe items, this rootkit is hidden in RUN, i cant not see it, i wonder if there is any way to view "hidden" files inside a folder in regiedit... so i can remove it manually and or stop it from running..

Spyhunter 4 detects :

detection nr1 :

[RV] {Unknown Rootkit} '(chinese letters i can not type on my keyboard)

Name : Unknown Rootkit

Path : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run::'(chinese letters i can not type on my keyboard)

detection nr2 :

[F] {Unknown Rootkit} Buypass.SCProxy.exe

Name : Unknown Rootkit

Path : C:\Program Files (x86)\Buypass\Javafree Solution\Buypass.SCProxy.exe

This is from my personal bank, so customers can use or access their online website and my own bank account online, everyone has to download and install this APP who is a customer in the bank and uses the online service, this is a new APP supposedly to be safer then using Java, but spyhunter detects it as a rootkit, should i be conserned ?  (im way more conserned about the first detection)

PS. i have run every single program out there on the market that i know of , but not one is able to detect anything ......  this is only showing up using Spyhunter 4.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by hamluis, 23 August 2015 - 03:01 PM.
Moved from MRL to AII - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users