I am in desperate need of some help.
Today I noticed that my Firefox browser on my desktop PC running 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium was redirecting URL links to 'other' sites and also started popping up ads. When I went to the bleepingcomputer website I found all links were replaced with links to advertising sites.
I ran Malwarebytes and it found a couple of trojans and a host of PUPS. It quarantined them all. Two I remember were DNSUnlocker and AutoTinker. Superantispyware found nothing, as did Avast.
However, on reboot the redirects were still there, including DNSUnlocker powered redirects whu=ich Malwarebytes had previously deleted.
I uninstalled Firefox (my main browser) and Chrome (used rarely), and reinstalled afresh, but, all the redirecting was still there (I only checked on Firefox).
I then ran Hitman, CCleaner and ADWCleaner, and Junkware Removal Tool. ADWCleaner and JRT found stuff, cleaned it, but on reboot all the redirecting was still there.
I am currently running ESET and so far it has foung a few instances of Android/Exploit.Lotoor.EZ trojan (strange, as I thought that would have been phone malware, rather than a Windows PC)
I really need help.
(written from my backup laptop)
Edited by RockVacirca, 23 August 2015 - 12:04 PM.