Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 10 pass word

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 David G1

David G1

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 23 August 2015 - 10:19 AM

how can I log into windows without using password

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 gigawert

gigawert

Computer Consultant

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 23 August 2015 - 10:20 AM

You don't have to specify a password to use when you set up Windows, actually. :)

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#3 David G1

David G1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 10:22 AM

sorry but some how windows needs a pass word to log in

#4 gigawert

gigawert

Computer Consultant

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 10:24 AM

Are you trying to log in with a Microsoft account or a local account?

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#5 David G1

David G1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 10:25 AM

microsoft

#6 gigawert

gigawert

Computer Consultant

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 10:27 AM

OK, then. You should try resetting your Microsoft account's password here and then log in with that one.

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 PM

Posted 23 August 2015 - 10:28 AM

Hi David G1 :)

You can login to your Windows 10 using a Microsoft account without entering the password, but be aware that doing so expose it to be stolen by malware in the future. You can follow the instructions in the link below.

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-automatically-login-in-windows-10/

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#8 David G1

David G1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 10:30 AM

thank you will give that atry

#9 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,198 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 10:36 AM

No problem, you're welcome :)

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#10 Jaycan

Jaycan

• Members
  • 437 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 24 August 2015 - 12:18 AM

You can login to your Windows 10 using a Microsoft account without entering the password, but be aware that doing so expose it to be stolen by malware in the future. You can follow the instructions in the link below.
http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-automatically-login-in-windows-10/

I have not used any log-in password for my main-screen or O/S of my computers since Windows 98, and then that only lasted a month or 2. From reading above, and all of the Windows 10 blah, blah, will I still be able to use my Yahoo email (I don't care what you say about it) transferred directly as is, because it has several years of old and current important documents in there. This includes records of bills payed and Government contacts, as I am a pensioner that needs to keep all of these. I have never set up any other Windows email accounts on the Windows 8.1, as they wanted everything from your dogs name to your mothers maiden name, and I wanted to keep this one.

When (now, highly becoming if) I decide to migrate across to Windows 10, do I need to use passwords, will I lose any accounts, from email to facebook or others? Do I need a Windows "in the clouds?" what ever that is accounts? Call me silly, or just plain old, but I set my Windows 8.1 to Classic Shell to get away from all of those extra Cubes / boxes / Metro screens / etc, so will I be presented with those again?

Microsoft auto help seems useless, and gives you 6 links to often unrelated answers when you need to know something, or they decide that they should charge you a fee to explain, or perform, what should be part of their job as makers and distributors of their upgraded programs. This is not a simple "click your heels, spin around and all is done" project for many of us.

To this day, I do not even have that icon in the tray to say that I can up-Grade if I wish, and their sites just gush with (their own) glowing reports on how great this whole thing is.

#11 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 2,403 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:19 AM

Just use a password, I know autologin is more convenient but it comes with the cost of security. If your brain can't deal with a password then don't use a computer as things like forums, emails also benefit from passwords. It takes an extra step but big whoop, an extra 5 seconds is nothing compared to a unsecured system.
Just don't blame me if someone cracks into your system and steals things like your banking info

Edited by MadmanRB, 24 August 2015 - 02:21 AM.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

gh8un5-6.png

#12 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,198 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:20 AM

When (now, highly becoming if) I decide to migrate across to Windows 10, do I need to use passwords, will I lose any accounts, from email to facebook or others? Do I need a Windows "in the clouds?" what ever that is accounts?

You can always create a local account on your Windows 10 (that is not your Microsoft account) and enable autologin on it. It's not that dangerous compared to enabling the autologin on a Microsoft account.

unite_blue.png

#13 Jaycan

Jaycan

• Members
  • 437 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:12 AM

You can always create a local account on your Windows 10

Slightly beyond what I relate to; Do you know what I meant by "never used a password in all current and previous versions". Your reply is You can always create a local account on your Windows 10, that I do not relate to in any way. You must have used earlier versions of Windows (I have seriously been a user since Win 98) where you just hit the ON button for the computer after it has been turned off all night, or even for 2 or 3 days, as I often do, then restart (reboot?) in the next morning that I want to use the computer, whether that is Online or Offline (I may just want to play an installed card game or similar) but I will often not go online for several days at all.

You seem to be saying that you normally sign On line, to start the system ?

You may remember in Dial-up days, logging on-line was a rare event, not like now where a modem is left on 24 - 7.

@ Madman -

1) I turn the computer and the modem OFF each night at the wall, and only start it when I want to play a game, {of which many are installed} to look up information, or to visit a forum for help, are you one of these people who leaves yours on 24 - 7, I am not ! !

2) Passwords are used for all online works while antivirus / antimalware / firewalls are on real time all time and updated daily, if I use the computer is used..

3) A password is not always used or needed to start a computer, if you know what you are talking about.

#14 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 2,403 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:33 AM

I just prefer passwords, autologin is a really nasty habit that should have died a long time ago.

Remember how bad XP was with security because of its autologin

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

gh8un5-6.png

#15 Drew1903

Drew1903

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:46 AM

how can I log into windows without using password

One's computer, one's User Account on it, should be Password Protected.  No question.

That said, one can tell the machine not to ask for it when booting.  It, still, has one, just won't require it being entered.  Obviously, this is not advised if there is any chance someone else might use your machine including & especially mobile units.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users