Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please help! Genymotion

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 joyce098

joyce098

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 23 August 2015 - 02:26 AM

I'm sorry if this shouldn't be posted here .. I am no computer expert and the terminology baffles me ! I just want to know if there is a way for Genymotion and the Android to open and log in automatically when the computer is switched on ? THANK YOU !!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 23 August 2015 - 06:44 PM

First of all - welcome to BC !

When you say "Genymotion and the Android" do you mean the Android emulator supplied by Genymotion ?  The answer to your question is probably 'No' since the computer itself has to running before you can start something like Genymotion running, but it can be made easy to start.

Should be able to make this clearer and simpler if you post back with details of the computer you are running this on and the operating system (OS) you are using.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 joyce098

joyce098
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 07:15 PM

Thank you Chris :) Yes .. the Android emulator supplied by Genymotion. I don't have a smartphone and the reason I installed it was because I wanted to install Line, whatsapp and so forth to keep in better contact with people. The thing is I am getting tired of having to log in every time just to check whether I have received a message. I would like it to run in the background and ideally receive a notification (sound or otherwise) that I have received a message. I noticed that I get a sound notification with whatsapp but no notification at all with Line for some reason.

The computer I have is ASUS X551MAV-RCLN06 and the operating system is Windows 8.1 with Bing 64-bit

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN CHRIS :)

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,757 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:03 PM

Leave this with me for 24 hours or so, I know people who use Whatsapp and I expect to see them Tuesday.

Chris Cosgrove

#5 joyce098

joyce098
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:19 AM

Ok .. thanks a lot .. in your own time :)

#6 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,757 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:11 PM

Unhappily, the people I know who use Whatsapp were not at the training session on Tuesday so I went and installed Genymotion on my own computer - out of curiosity as much as anything else.

It's quite a big install, the whole thing including an emulated tablet and a smartphone came to close to 500 MB but I have to admit it seems to work quite well. But to get back to your original question.

It might be possible to write a batch file to run at start-up to make it load but I don't have the skill or knowledge to do this and I suspect from what you said earlier neither do you. In which case you are left with starting it up, selecting your appliance and running it.. But you don't have to shut it down each time you want to do something else on your computer. All you have to so is minimise it to the taskbar by clciking on the left hand of the three buttons in the top right hand corner of the emulator - the one that looks like an under score. Then the next time you want to check Whatsapp - or anything else - just click on the the entry on the taskbar and it will come back to full size.

I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but I hope it is of some help.

Chris Cosgrove

#7 joyce098

joyce098
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:21 PM

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to respond yet again Chris :) Yes installing it was bad enough. It took me hours on end to figure out what to install, how to install it and how to install Google Store etc. etc. but I think I might just uninstall it now as like you say, I haven't got a clue how to do the rest. It was fine in the beginning but having to open it and click on Line / Whatsapp every time because I don't always receive a notification is far too annoying now.

Thank you once again :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users