Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrade then clean re-install.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 wilmaott

wilmaott

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 23 August 2015 - 12:45 AM

I recently did an upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 as i was having major issues and i figured what the heck.   I still had at least as many issues which included network and read only file system problems after upgrade. i then decided to do a clean re-install from Win 10 recovery. This machine now says the boot loader is inaccessible. I did not have anything i need to recover on this computer. I just wonder what happened.

Edited by wilmaott, 23 August 2015 - 12:46 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,047 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 23 August 2015 - 01:05 AM

G'day wilmaott, and Welcome to BC.

Can you access a command prompt..?......or are you unable to boot to windows at all...?

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 wilmaott

wilmaott
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 04:46 PM

I could probably do so using a disk, I will try and get back to you. I am only able to post here using a live rescue disk so give me a few minutes. I will be able to use another computer later for posting \.

#4 wilmaott

wilmaott
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 05:51 PM

I can access a cmd prompt using a Win 7 or Win 10 ISO.

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,047 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 10:19 PM

I have reported your pc as unbootable ........stay tuned.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#6 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,047 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 10:20 PM

In the meantime.......you can have a read of THIS PAGE   

If you feel confident ...follow the directions there.   If not , please wait for further advice.

GcnI1aH.jpg

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:45 AM

FWIW:  The former "unbootable" category...only applied to malware situations.  Systems which are unbootable due to file corruption, user mistakes, and so on...did not fall into that category.  There is no "unbootables list" at this time.

The OP states that the system "had problems" before the attempted upgrade...and those problems should be investigated within this forum, since they appear to be the real problem, not the upgrade effort.

Any explanation of "what happened" must come from the OP...in this forum.

Louis

#8 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,047 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2015 - 04:11 AM

I would advise you to do a Clean Install.                              Please ignore my prior instruction

You will find the necessary download HERE

Edit : Spelling

Edited by Condobloke, 24 August 2015 - 09:48 PM.

GcnI1aH.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users