Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Task bar does not function

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pistol22cal

pistol22cal

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:12 PM

After upgraded to windows 10 my taskbar does not function at all.

Start is unclickable and tray icons are unclickable.

Anyone have any thoughts how to solve this issue?

I Love Lamp!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 22 August 2015 - 10:53 PM

No promises with this "fix"     it will not do any harm, so worth a try.

open task manager and click on/highlight Cortana and click on End Task

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 pistol22cal

pistol22cal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 04:54 PM

Problem is i do not see cortana listed in the task manager at all. Is there a service directly associated with cortana/start menu --- Cause my windows key doesn't work either and when i click the start button nothing happens but it acts as though something is with the little activation circle by the mouse pointer.........know what I mean?

Also I have no windows apps and cant get into the modern ui.

Edited by pistol22cal, 23 August 2015 - 04:55 PM.

I Love Lamp!

#4 pistol22cal

pistol22cal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 10:33 PM

reinstalled widows 10 problem seems solved for now

I Love Lamp!

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,108 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 10:35 PM

Run sfc /scannow..... Thats good...glad you were able to do that. Once you get it working like it should.....do a backup !...preferably external

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#6 pistol22cal

pistol22cal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 11:03 PM

I am just gonna mirror the partition and be done with it once its at a point where I have everything updated and installed

I Love Lamp!

#7 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,108 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 11:16 PM

:thumbsup:

You'll have it singing a tune in no time  harp.gif

Comparison of privacy Tools

http://www.ghacks.net/2015/08/14/comparison-of-windows-10-privacy-tools/

GcnI1aH.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users