Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Your DSL Connection is Down

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ry12

ry12

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 22 August 2015 - 02:32 PM

Hello everyone,

I really need help in this one and I would really appreciate any assistance.

My internet connection has been rubish, it disconnects and reconnects over and over, it's terrible!

Clealy my internet providers are NOT capable of solving the issue, they've been sending technicians and checking the wires from outside and inside, nothing!

I'm not paying the service of course and they are still ''investigating the issue'' for a month now. Everytime I called they said that the issue is coming from outside and not in my house however I thought of really looking into it myself.

Everytime it disconnects I go on my routers IP http://192.168.1.254/ (the brand is technicolor) and this is what I get (I added a picture too) :

Your DSL connection is down. Verify that your MediaAccess Gateway is correctly connected to your phone line. If the problem persists, check your documentation.

-br_IPTV: Disconnected or Reconnecting

-Internet: Disconnected or Connecting...

Sometimes the internet goes slow and when I check through the IP I find that br_IPTV disconnected or is trying to reconnect while the internet was connected. When I asked the technician what br_IPTV is he said ''its nothing'', it's definitely something though... what is it?!

Is there anything I can do to solve this issue cause it's driving me crazy!

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 packetanalyzer

packetanalyzer

• Members
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 22 August 2015 - 02:38 PM

IPTV is Internet Protocol Television. According to https://www.zen.co.uk/userfiles/documents/shared/broadband/hardware/technicolor-tg589n.pdf, your device supports an ethernet cable being plugged in from a set top box for IPTV.

#3 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2015 - 03:05 PM

That error seems like it is the wiring. You say they checked it, have they run new wires? when I had DSL, I got new wires from the box in the neighbors yard all the way to the modem/router. If they are using the phone wires in your home, tell them you want a new wire run just for the modem/router.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#4 ry12

ry12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2015 - 03:11 PM

IPTV is Internet Protocol Television. According to https://www.zen.co.uk/userfiles/documents/shared/broadband/hardware/technicolor-tg589n.pdf, your device supports an ethernet cable being plugged in from a set top box for IPTV.

Yes it does have some sort of TV thing on the router but I only have the internet connected to it. So I guess I can take off the IPTV off my head. Thanks for checking that

#5 packetanalyzer

packetanalyzer

• Members
  • 954 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2015 - 03:13 PM

Yes it does have some sort of TV thing on the router but I only have the internet connected to it. So I guess I can take off the IPTV off my head. Thanks for checking that

Yeah even if you did use IPTV, it really is inconsequential at the moment given you don't have an Internet connection.

#6 ry12

ry12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2015 - 03:40 PM

That error seems like it is the wiring. You say they checked it, have they run new wires? when I had DSL, I got new wires from the box in the neighbors yard all the way to the modem/router. If they are using the phone wires in your home, tell them you want a new wire run just for the modem/router.

They haven't run any new wires, they just removed them and put them back, another technician changed places of the wires (put them into another port) but nothing. I might even consider changing the router because I don't know what else to do. I just called them a few minutes ago, incredible! They keep telling me the problem is coming from outside, I will request them to change the wires.

#7 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2015 - 05:13 PM

It very well could be outside your home, but if they haven't run new wires then they aren't ever going to really know.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#8 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 22 August 2015 - 06:40 PM

A wiring problem is consistent.  It can begin as a state of flux but at some point it simply fails.  This doesn't appear to be your case.  Its beyond you. ie the service that is failing.

though it could be as simple as the providers equipment is failing. 

Edited by Wand3r3r, 22 August 2015 - 06:40 PM.

#9 ry12

ry12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2015 - 07:25 AM

Thanks for the major help guys! Appreciate it!

I will make them change the wires and see what happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users