Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

xp wont boot, some blue screens, FML

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dhanyyy

dhanyyy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 22 August 2015 - 01:24 PM

So first of all , sorry if i have grammar issues. i dont know english very well but ill try my best.

Yesterday my pc stopped booting.

First when i ve tried to boot. after windows loading screen i've ecountered blue screen. Error is unmountable boot volume.

then i've tried safe mode and safe mode with cmd and my pc got restarted over and over. 

i got windows xp on usb stick , and when i tried to do a recovery it failed , (basically said to put a windows xp cd in, but i had my stick), ive tried reinstalling windows but i got again blue screen :Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal jraid.sys error .

i got a bootable cd with easy recovery essentials xp . it booted from cd . i got in . tried automatic windows repair, then when i restarted got stuck on pci device list. ive tried then unplugging the hard drive and plugged in again , unplugged the usbs , again the same problem. Also tried restore point 10 days ago.. same issue, now it wont even load to windows logo 

Please help me i dont know what to do .... ill provide more info if needed

Edited by dhanyyy, 22 August 2015 - 01:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,596 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 22 August 2015 - 01:43 PM

Unmountable boot volume can indicate a failing drive.

To check the hard drive status you can download Parted Magic and burn the iso file. On the desktop is an icon called Disk Health or Gsmartcontrol. Run it and do the short generic test. If it passes do the long generic test. Under the attributes tab look for any red or pink rows.

What is the make and model of the computer?

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,818 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 22 August 2015 - 01:44 PM

Unmountable boot volume errors can indicate various things...ranging from a damaged file to being indicative of possible hard drive problems.

The typical first suggested try at a fix for this...is to run the chkdsk /r command from the Genuine XP install CD, via the XP Recovery Console.

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users