Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can I add color to screen?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 greystoke

greystoke

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:59 AM

In win 7 I was able to customize every screen with my choice of color.  Can I do this in win 10?  I don't like reading off a white screen.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,075 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 22 August 2015 - 10:33 AM

Hi,

This isn't probably what you are looking for but it's a start i guess...

Get colored title bars in Windows 10

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 22 August 2015 - 07:16 PM

and windows 10 is a step forward....the greatest thing since sliced bread and lace up shoes etc etc....and yet making the simple changes that greystoke seeks would seemingly be 'unable to achieve' ...easily....

Some of the links found are below. They do not address the specific issue you have ....but maybe you can strike a compromise......In any of these attempts, I would suggest strongly that you create a Restore point before making the changes.

You can access System Restore window via searching in Control Panel or just by right-clicking on Desktop computer icon and navigating to Properties where you will get option of system protection.

restore-point-windows-9-1.jpg

In the System Properties box, make sure you are in System Protection tab. In the System Protection tab click on Create button to create your own Restore Point for Windows 10.

restore-point-windows-9-2.jpgOnce you clicked on Create button, one small window will pop up, where you can give any name to restore point. In this case, we’ve set it to TechRegar-1, but you can enter your own name. After that, Click on Create button to start the restore point making process.

restore-point-windows-9-3.jpg

You can check the progress, it will take few minutes to create restore point.

restore-point-windows-9-4.jpg

After creating of restore point Windows will open one notification dialog that will be show “The restore point was created successfully.”

restore-point-windows-9-5.jpg

The above process is very simple to create restore point in Windows 10. You can use same restore point to restore your Windows 10 later.

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/?filter[1]=Appearance%20Personalize       .....<<<< this one appears to be well laid out. Access the home page HERE  

It is a well laid out and well organized forum about windows 10

http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-change-windows-10-window-colors-and-appearance/

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:02 PM

It seems like Condobloke's URL is broken because of the [1] in it (stupid filter rule). Here goes:
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/?filter[1]=Appearance%20Personalize

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 22 August 2015 - 10:37 PM

thats interesting...the link works ok for me.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2015 - 10:42 PM

Try the link I posted, then try this one:
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/?filter
Let me know if the results are the same :)

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users